Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Status of 3.1.2  (Read 4360 times)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Status of 3.1.2
« on: September 24, 2006, 01:19:28 pm »
I know I was hoping to have 3.1.2 out last night, but I've found a huge huge bug in MIDI file processing, whereplaying any MIDI file locks the system up tight.  I either need to fix it or temporarily disable MIDI's before another release.  Hopefully I'll have it later today.

In addition to the bugs I've mentioned on other pages, I've (finally) fixed the bug where split albums weren't always showing the correct artist, especially "various artist"-type albums.  Once the MIDI bug is fixed I should also be able to shoehorn in orphan control before I release it.

Look for an update later tonight!

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Status of 3.1.2
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 11:54:13 pm »
OK, I think I've resolved these issues, but seeing as I've had huge bugs in all the recent official releases, I'm just going to unofficially release the new WinCab executable so those of you who have been having issues can play with it.  You can get it at http://webpages.charter.net/celamantia/jukebox/wincab312b.zip .

Fixes in this version:

- Added RadioMode option to [Settings] section of jukebox.ini.
- Added BTN_PLAYSTIMULATOR to toggle the state of the play stimulator.
- Added MSG_PLAYSTIMULATOR to indicate the status of the play stimulator.
- Added cursor movement normalization for flipped and rotated modes.
- Added orphan track control: if part of a split album has 1/4 or less of an album worth of tracks, some tracks will be moved from the previous portion to even them out.
- Changed play counts to not increment for songs played by radio mode or play stimulator.
- Moved message proccessing logs to debug level 3 from level 4.
- Fixed radio mode adding songs when enabled even if a song is playing.
- Fixed SHIFT, ALT, CTRL, WIN, and LOCK keys.
- Fixed arrow mouse pointer orientation for rotations 2 and 3.
- Fixed shutdown crash in screen saver cleanup.
- Fixed skin loader not reporting missing icon files.
- Fixed bug causing database to be erased on a fatal error.
- Fixed multi-part albums showing incorrect artists. Multi-part albums now look at all parts when deciding who the main artist is.

Please let me know if you find anything ugly in this version!  Thank you all for your help and support!

--Chris
--Chris

Cadder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2008, 09:58:10 am
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 09:57:50 am »
G'day Chris..
Firstly :applaud: for responding to all our wants so quickly! ..and MANY thanks for fixing the bugs that now ARE fixed.
Secondly.. (and you asked).. ugly bits found so far:
1. still can't get mouse to work from alleg42 or alleg42-98 under win2ksp4. (can we go back to alleg41 please?)
2. there's an odd bug that prevents KEY_SPACE registering if pressed directly after KEY_LALT.
3. the "free credits" radio mode bug still exists if you clear the queue while the name of the song is still in the queue list. Your chances of this increase if you wait til a song starts playing, skip it, then tap clear queue a few times.
4. SongInfoWidth and SongInfoHeight values still need to be swapped if on a rotated monitor. The screensaver text rotates correctly, but the rectangle orientation doesn't.
5. Wincab still throws an error sometimes when building a new db if files have apostrophes

Also; feature request:
is there a way to have the upcoming song list scroll (maybe after a specified timeout period) so you can see beyond the next 4 tracks upcoming? (eg, if there's 10 tracks selected to play, maybe show the next 4 as it does at the moment for, say.. 15 seconds, then slowly scroll the list to see the other 6 tracks)

Cad nominatim, CAD per professio, cad per vis.

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 10:24:58 am »
1. still can't get mouse to work from alleg42 or alleg42-98 under win2ksp4. (can we go back to alleg41 please?)
This is just a matter of not having the right DLL, I'm sure.  I've generated so many DLL's trying to get touchscreens working on all platforms I must have lost track of them.  Attached to this post is a completely unaltered alleg42.dll... does it help?  (Make sure you put it in the JUKEBOX folder not in windows\system32, as the one in the jukebox folder will override system32.)
2. there's an odd bug that prevents KEY_SPACE registering if pressed directly after KEY_LALT.
Hmm.  This sounds suspiciously like a Windows-ism, as Alt-Space brings up a context menu.  Please check to make sure you don't have "Sticky Keys" turned on in Accessibility in Control Panel.  (Does StickyKeys exist on 2000?)

3. the "free credits" radio mode bug still exists if you clear the queue while the name of the song is still in the queue list. Your chances of this increase if you wait til a song starts playing, skip it, then tap clear queue a few times.
Well, this may be a case of "If it hurts when you do that, don't do that"... :)  You could also force it by increasing the PreSongDelay, as songs skipped during this time do not return a credit.  However, I do have a flag for these songs now so as not to increase the playcount, so this will actually be an easy fix, as I just have to deny the credit return at the same time.
4. SongInfoWidth and SongInfoHeight values still need to be swapped if on a rotated monitor. The screensaver text rotates correctly, but the rectangle orientation doesn't.
Do they truly need to be swapped, or just specified?  (i.e. is the automatic setting wrong or the whole thing?)  I did not looks at this one over the weekend.
5. Wincab still throws an error sometimes when building a new db if files have apostrophes
Also forgot to look at this one.

Also; feature request:
is there a way to have the upcoming song list scroll (maybe after a specified timeout period) so you can see beyond the next 4 tracks upcoming? (eg, if there's 10 tracks selected to play, maybe show the next 4 as it does at the moment for, say.. 15 seconds, then slowly scroll the list to see the other 6 tracks)
The question is how do I want to implement this?

Rather than hard-code all these various timers that are popping up, I'm trying to come up with a timer framework that will allow you to specify all sorts of things like this.  To do this, though, I need to revamp the message system, divorcing "commands" from "keys".  I've already started to do this, as the credits button now sends credit add messages.  It's definatey more confusing but far more flexible.  I may be able to hack this in, though; I already have the paging code in for the Popular list.

--Chris

[/quote]
--Chris

Cadder

• Offline Offline
Re: Status of 3.1.2 -- now 3.1.4
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 10:07:45 am »
Hi Chris..

OK, I'm back to playing with this, having disappeared for 15 months between posts ;D
Still on the same machine, still running under 2KSP4.
Happy with 3.1.4,  :cheers: but thought I'd let you know a couple of things:

1. The Alleg42.dll you posted in this thread didn't make any difference to 3.1.2 when I tried it, but it DOES work with 3.1.4, to a degree. That is to say, the cursor actually moves about, but does not reorient to a rotated screen, unsurprisingly. FWIW, Neither of the alleg42 or alleg42-98 that come with DWJ 3.1.4 register any signs of movement of the cursor at all.

2. DWJ 3.1.4 also still throws an error with a couple of files I have with apostrophes, as did 3.1.2. (but I have narrowed it down to two out of some 4000 odd)
I get the same error when first creating a new DB from scratch, and when attempting to play the offending MP3s. The filenames display correctly on the Titlestrip, but refuse to play (or advance - I have to restart DWJ after attempting to play the file).

This from the log:

0:00:35.44-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: MSG_SELECTING
0:00:35.53-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: -BTN_F
0:00:36.13-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: BTN_1
0:00:36.13-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: MSG_SELECTIONREADY
0:00:36.23-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: -BTN_1
0:00:36.63-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: BTN_SELECT
0:00:36.63-LVL2-SB_SELECT: Use track zero = 0, Use Zero = 0
0:00:36.63-LVL2-SONG_LOAD: Trying to load E:\mp3s\Sorted MP3s\W\Wings\Wings - Maybe I'm Amazed.mp3...
0:00:36.63-LVL5-SONGBUF_LOAD: Allocating 3770368 bytes...
0:00:36.69-LVL2-SONGBUF_LOAD: Loaded 3704832 bytes for file E:\mp3s\Sorted MP3s\W\Wings\Wings - Maybe I'm Amazed.mp3
0:00:47.48-LVL0-SONG_LOAD: ERROR: Cannot create MP3 for E:\mp3s\Sorted MP3s\W\Wings\Wings - Maybe I'm Amazed.mp3!
0:00:47.48-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: MSG_QUEUE
0:00:47.49-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: -MSG_SELECTING
0:00:47.49-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: -MSG_SELECTIONREADY
0:00:47.50-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: -MSG_QUEUE
0:00:47.50-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: -MSG_IDLE
0:00:47.50-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: MSG_PRESONG
0:00:47.50-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: -BTN_SELECT
0:00:47.50-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: -MSG_PRESONG
0:00:47.50-LVL0-SONG_START: ERROR: Invalid song type: 0
0:00:54.10-LVL3-MQ_PROCESS: Processing message: BTN_SHUTDOWN
0:00:54.10-LVL1-MQ_PROCESS: Jukebox shutdown requested via BTN_SHUTDOWN (system shutdown not enabled)
0:00:54.11-LVL1-MAIN: Exited GUI

Cheers, oh, and Happy New Year.

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Status of 3.1.2 -- now 3.1.4
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 10:27:28 am »
1. The Alleg42.dll you posted in this thread didn't make any difference to 3.1.2 when I tried it, but it DOES work with 3.1.4, to a degree. That is to say, the cursor actually moves about, but does not reorient to a rotated screen, unsurprisingly. FWIW, Neither of the alleg42 or alleg42-98 that come with DWJ 3.1.4 register any signs of movement of the cursor at all.
Changing the mouse movement to match the orientation of the screen has not been implemented.  It's one of those ugly coding jobs with little payoff so it's been low on my priority list. It will come.

2. DWJ 3.1.4 also still throws an error with a couple of files I have with apostrophes, as did 3.1.2.

0:00:36.69-LVL2-SONGBUF_LOAD: Loaded 3704832 bytes for file E:\mp3s\Sorted MP3s\W\Wings\Wings - Maybe I'm Amazed.mp3
0:00:47.48-LVL0-SONG_LOAD: ERROR: Cannot create MP3 for E:\mp3s\Sorted MP3s\W\Wings\Wings - Maybe I'm Amazed.mp3!

These errors indicate that the song is loading but the file couldn't be processed.  This leads me to believe that the apostrophe is just a coincidence.  Try renaming this file to not have an apostrophe and see if it still fails.

Happy New Year to you too!

-Chris
--Chris

Cadder

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 10:40:46 am »
Egads, you're right, Sherlock. It still falls over with the apostrophes removed from the filename AND the tags.
That must be why you get the big bucks ;)

:notworthy:

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 10:44:10 am »
That's why the full debug log has so much obsessive detail in it :)
--Chris