Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Will the Benson 27" monitor fit this Killer Instink 2 cab?  (Read 1261 times)

eclypse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2007, 11:43:10 am
Hello,

Can someone tell me if the 27" Benson monitor http://www.betson.com/products/IMP-44-4070-RT fit this cab?? Its a former Killer Instink 2 cab made my Midway.

It has a 25" monitor now.. The cab is 26 3/4" wide and the monitor is 23.5 24" wide.. Just dont know if its gona fit with the brackets.

ahofle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project

eclypse

• Offline Offline
Re: Will the Benson 27" monitor fit this Killer Instink 2 cab?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 06:17:38 pm »
Thanks man! I guess thats means its a go.

Joystick Jerk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 08:18:08 pm
  • Slave to the stick.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 07:00:54 pm »
It has a 25" monitor now.. The cab is 26 3/4" wide and the monitor is 23.5 24" wide.. Just dont know if its gona fit with the brackets.

Have you opened her up yet? The bracket width doesn't come into the equation. The monitor rests on top of the brackets, so there's no bracket metal between the mounting frame on the monitor and the side of the cab. Speaking of brackets though, if you do want to upgrade to a 27", you'll need to get some new brackets because I believe the brackets in the KI cab are of a fixed width. Slikstik has a decent set of adjustable brackets that should work fine in mounting a 27" monitor in your cab.

eclypse

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 08:30:47 pm »
Last night when i was messing with it and cleaned it out i noticed that the brackets looks like they were adjustable.. meaning the bolt position could slide either way as it had a long bolt track.. heh dont know how else to describe it.

I guess i'll have to take another look and possably a pic just to make sure it will work.

I may be doing a cap kit for the monitor i have now.. so either way i'll get a better look at the mounting brackets.

Thanks for the info though.. Atleast i know where i can find the brackets if i need them.