Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Signalment of bugs on the upload prcedure and suggestions  (Read 2559 times)

LHUPA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2019, 01:05:09 am
Signalment of bugs on the upload prcedure and suggestions
« on: September 07, 2006, 02:57:58 am »
I have experienced many troubles with the upload procedure with this website.When we upload, post skins, screenshots to the forum. It makes the Explorer crashing and reset the computer sometimes. What is this? An error message in the bottom of the page (Little yellow triangle) with this error message appears. We must re-begin the procedure each time!!!! It's very painful!

I have a suggestion for the webmaster of this site. It will be interesting to incrase the permitted Kb limit to 800Kb! For sending skins with special features or bigger graphics without splitting the files in two, three and so on! This is causes confusion, error risk, displeasant repetition phenomenon to forum participants. What this limitation means? Why using this? We can use very little files in jpg format ("low res") files but our work should contain less features, be blury or poor sharp! What shall we do in such situations?

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Signalment of bugs on the upload prcedure and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 08:26:42 am »
As a better solution, Saint has offered me space to create a proper download page for skins, so you'll be able to send larger skins to me and I'll be able to put them up for download. Thanks, Saint!

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

LHUPA

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 02:36:13 pm »
Thank you chris! In the next skinning project, I will try this with pride!

LHUPA

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 12:26:40 am »
Dear Chris, I'm seeking for this skin download page! Where is it? Perhaps I will can resend the skins sent to you complete without split parts! I see that it causes some problems to people who try my skins. They download inequally as the Schenectady model was downloaded 6 times in Part #1 and 8 in Part #2 it will result disfunction or defects somewhere! Really if a person download the part #1, the same person in principle will download also the part #2 for complete installation. I want that all users are satisfied, can appreciate (or not) these skins with full function! Saint is the webmaster? can you guide me to this page? I count on you like steel!