Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SK Jukebox hangs reading ID3 tags?  (Read 6779 times)

pmc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 07:43:02 am
    • website
SK Jukebox hangs reading ID3 tags?
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:41:15 pm »
I have a 30-gig MP3 directory. SK runs OK unless I set it to read the tags (which I really need to do since filenames are all whacked).

When I set UseID3Tags=Yes and run the app, it starts to scan the mp3 directory and then the SK process goes to 97-98% (and stays there until I end the process). Seems to jam up on a different folder each time.

Any ideas?

Windows 2000 and SK Jukebox 3.0.0

-pmc

pmc

• Offline Offline
    • website
Re: SK Jukebox hangs reading ID3 tags?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 10:08:35 am »
Sure is quiet in here.

HELLOOOOooo HELlooo helloo loo loo...

:dunno

-pmc

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 05:23:25 pm »
Sure is quiet in here.

HELLOOOOooo HELlooo helloo loo loo...

:dunno

-pmc

hmmm.....well considering this was posted over at my site (see link below) around the same time AND the fact that the last 2 unanswered threads here were 'cross posted', I figured it was the same deal, so wasn't going to go replying in both places.

Check out this link :

http://www.skjukebox.com/forum/index.php?topic=57.0

Edit : Well, 'around the same time' was a week apart....lol.  I've been busy the last couple of weeks, so when I was catching up last Friday, I saw the same 2 topics in 2 places & assumed it was another cross-post.  Ah well, sorry for not replying sooner, and I hope that link solves your problem also (hint - next version should fix it).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 05:25:57 pm by SalmonKing »

pmc

• Offline Offline
    • website
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 04:24:13 am »
No worries.

Ahhh... I did not see that thread over there (I didn't cross-post, did I?). I'll start reading that forum.

Thanks for the response.

I can tell you that I had some real problems (not with SKJukebox) at some point when I used UTF-16 ID3 tags. I changed to ISO-8859-1 tags to make that problem go away.

Also, I use ID3 v2.x tags more than v1.1 but I generally take the time to duplicate the 2.x tags to 1.1 for players that cannot deal with 2.x.

Some of my MP3s were not ripped by me and I don't know how they were tagged. I only retag when they are messed up or absent. I don't let iTunes tag my files (it seemed to be implicated in that other thread).

I'll test it as soon as you release the "fixed" code.

Thanks again.

-pmc
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 04:26:02 am by pmc »

pmc

• Offline Offline
    • website
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 12:35:11 pm »
I just noticed that 4.0 is out so I downloaded it. Unfortunately, I still have that same problem reading ID3 tags. I'll play with it a little later to ensure that it's the exact same behavior I saw under 3.0 and not caused by a rogue invalid tag or something like that.

In the little playing that I've done, I cannot nail it down to embedded album artwork, or a corrupt v2 tag. I can seem to make the problem move further down the alphabet if I wipe v2 tags and album art, and then copy v1 -> v2.

I'll continue to monitor the skjukebox.com forum to see if others continue to have the same problem.

-pmc