Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: State of the FE devs?  (Read 13223 times)

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
Re: State of the FE devs?
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2006, 07:19:59 am »
This just shows how different people think what is called easy .....
And I know I'm probably old fashioned, but I also like just editing ini files for configuration.  Mame uses this system which lets be honest is why most people have a cabinet...so if you can configure Mame you can configure Mamewah (or other ini-based fe). 

I hear you Dude.... it has it's pros and cons

But just to clarify..... MaLa Gui lets you config MAME and MaLa so you don't necessary need to edit .ini files which is great for newbies who are moving on from mame32.  Of course you can still do it the 'old fashioned' way too  ;D, (as Mame and MaLa still refer to .ini files)  . And you can use MaLa config on a in Low Rez setup (arcade monitor). Have a go !!