Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bug with screensaver on a rotated screen  (Read 2856 times)

Cadder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2008, 09:58:10 am
Bug with screensaver on a rotated screen
« on: September 10, 2006, 09:07:49 am »
G'day...
I'm running Wincab on a MAME box that has the screen rotated (eg, it's "portrait" instead of "landscape"). This was the main reason I chose wincab in the first place... and a damn fine job it does.
But.
If you have the screensaver activated, when the box appears on the screen to show the song info, the text is correctly oriented, but the bounding rectangle itself is still in the same orientation as the screen (ie, the longest side along the long side of the screen). End result is, you can't read the text 'cos it falls out of the rectangle.
Just a minor glitch, and if it's already documented elsewhere, my apologies. (I did look..)
Other'n that, a sterling job. :cheers:
...unless I complain about the number of my GF's Abba MP3s it seems to play while on supposedly random play....   ;D
Cad nominatim, CAD per professio, cad per vis.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Bug with screensaver on a rotated screen
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 10:37:23 am »
Oops.

I'll take a look at that... in the meantime, you can probably get around this by specifying a width and height for the bounding box.  Edit jukebox.ini and look for SongInfoWidth and SongInfoHeight.  They'll have comment characters (#) in front of them; remove these characters and adjust the numbers to taste.

Does that help?

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Cadder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2008, 09:58:10 am
Re: Bug with screensaver on a rotated screen
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:32:22 am »
Bewdy. works a treat. :notworthy:

One other thing... (there always is  ::) ) is there a way to have the upcoming song list scroll (maybe after a specified timeout period) so you can see beyond the next 4 tracks upcoming? (eg, if there's 10 tracks selected to play, maybe show the next 4 as it does at the moment for, say.. 15 seconds, then slowly scroll the list to see the other 6 tracks)

Cad nominatim, CAD per professio, cad per vis.