Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Voice-over during pause  (Read 13574 times)

Samanai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2008, 06:39:35 pm
Voice-over during pause
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:54:31 pm »
Is there any way to disable this function?  While certainly useful for many reasons, I find I can't un-pause until it reads through the whole controls list, which for some games can be a long time. 

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
Re: Voice-over during pause
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 04:13:20 am »
If using command line mame, it should be an option at the bottom of the mame.ini.  If using powermame32, then it should be in the powermame options.  I've seen it in both versions, although I can't remember exactly where.  It wasn't too hard to find. 

I have a question as well, I've downloaded the female voice from MS.  How do I get Powermame32 to use it? 

Samanai

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 09:42:48 am »
Yeah, I had already went into the ini file and set all the options to "0" that seemed to fit the function, but the voiceover continues anyway.  I assume I've missed one of the key lines to set to "0", but have no idea which one it is.  Do you know if there is documentation of what each lines does?

mccoy178

• Offline Offline
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 11:17:28 am »
Have you tried the Powermame wiki?  I didn't have a whole lot of luck with it, but you may find something I didn't.  You can get to it from the main Powermame site.

Samanai

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 01:44:08 pm »
Yeah, I didn't have much luck with it either.  I'll try it again tonight though, just to see if I missed something. 

BTW, I read through (most of) your build thread on that varsity cab last week.  Very impressive work, to say the least.  You going to the game in Austin on Sept. 9?  I'll be there (rooting for the home team).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 01:46:27 pm by Samanai »

mccoy178

• Offline Offline
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 09:34:47 pm »
My best friend just moved to Austin.  He wants me to come down, but for some reason my wife isn't so hip to the idea? :timebomb:  Women................ :banghead: