Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: TV Auto Power On help  (Read 714 times)

gtcobra48

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2006, 08:07:22 pm
TV Auto Power On help
« on: August 17, 2006, 11:58:17 am »
How can you tell which TV has the capability of turning on when the power is restored to plug.

Has anyone purchased a new 27 " recently that has this feature. A lot of the models recommended on the site are no longer available.

I recently bought a sharp 27sc26b that does not do this, you couldn't even hold the power button down. I messed around with the Service Menu and now the colors are messed up.

Below is one from Best Buy.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7601838&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050021&id=1130982274848

ahofle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
Re: TV Auto Power On help
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:01:31 pm »
Other than going by the models that are known to work here, the best thing to do it go down to your local Best Buy and try them yourself.  Go around the display models, set them to AUX input, find the power cord and try unplugging them and then plugging them back in after several seconds.  In my experience, most of them either do not come back on, or come on with the incorrect input selected.