Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daphne DL Score Display  (Read 786 times)

gtcobra48

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2006, 08:07:22 pm
Daphne DL Score Display
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:40:30 am »
I have a question about the DL score display. When I connect my Computer monitor 19" to the computer and play this game full screen I get the score just fine.however if I connect the tv through an SVIDEO the score display goes off the screen and you can only see part of the lives label. Is anyone else having this issue? If so how did you go about fixing it? Thanks.

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
Re: Daphne DL Score Display
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:47:16 am »
This is more to do with your TV-Out rather than Daphne.

Most TV's "Overscan" - that is, all the edges of the 'screen' are just off the display (think of it as a 5% Zoom-in). This is completely normal and standard for Tv's. You only notice it when hooking up PC's as they make use of every corner of the screen.

You need, if possible, to adjust the Tv-out properties of your graphics card. I know ATI cards have options to adjust the amount of overscan and re-position the screen for Tv-out.

ahofle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
Re: Daphne DL Score Display
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 11:40:22 am »
If you can't resolve it with your Windows settings, you can try searching the web for a service manual for your TV.  Many times you can adjust the picture size using special hidden service codes with your remote.