Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 250gb external hd for 80  (Read 547 times)

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
250gb external hd for 80
« on: August 12, 2006, 04:10:11 pm »
at circuitcity they have a 250gb internal hd for 60 after rebates and combined with a mad dog enclosure for 20 after rebates it sounds good.  i got them today and im working on getting them to work with my pc now.
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
Re: 250gb external hd for 80
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 04:58:30 pm »
I don't think I've ever gotten my money from a mail-in-rebate.

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Re: 250gb external hd for 80
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 10:57:03 pm »
i have every time except once from emachines.  they decided that they would give me all the ones i sent in except one for a hundred dollars.  that got resolved when the date on the envelope made them look like idiots.

actually when i went to buy them they overcharged on the enclosure.  it is reg 40 and they charged 60.  i went back inside and told them they were wrong and they refunded my 20 dollars plus the 20 for the rebate since it wouldnt print.

that wasnt the only thing.  when i asked an employee to open the hd cabinent he said as soon as the one with the keys gets back.  when he did he went to another customer.  i asked again and same thing.  he goes off and talks to 2 other customers so when they were inside another cab for someone who asked after i did to have a cab opened i asked if i could get the hd and he said to ask the other guy (who i asked already) since he had the keys.  either by luck or maybe the other one was a supervisor he opened the cab finally and i got the hd.

but i understand most dont bother with rebates since you have to make copies and mail them out before a certain date.  then companies can still claim they werent in on time.  hope your rebates werent for a lot.
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.