Arcade Collecting > Restorations & repair

Time Pilot Restoration

<< < (4/4)

davieboynj:
1+2. marquee and light

Well, the replacement marquee i got for $15 or so isn't perfect, but at least i don't feel shame in turning on the light (which now works after replacing both the bulb and starter).  I put a piece of paper in behind the newer one to protect it from flaking (centuri are notorious), and to help hide the scratches that are in it. 

pix of the new/old marquee:

davieboynj:
I fixed some other trivial stuff, no point going into that.  as of right now, I'm happy to have the cab back together - and much more solid.  one thing that I will recommend are the slider feet that have the posts attached.  You can pick them up at any hardware store.  I used a ball bearing as a spacer to get them at the right clearance.  I was already missing the two back feet, so i needed something that had a post.  cab now slides nicely on carpet.  Pics attached. 

davieboynj:
Next up is all the metal work.  I'll be doing the coin door, control panel, and marquee angle brackets.  I'll start on that when i find a replacement cpo that i like. 

Thanks for the people who have responded to the thread.  I usually do my work in a vacuum, as posting about a project takes a bunch of time; but i felt bad about not giving anything back, or putting myself up for criticism.  Pretty soon, I'll be posting a retroactive project announcement on "dave's not so classic cocktail".  I'm getting a new processor for it, so i figured I'd do some documentation while i was opening it. 

leapinlew:
Looking great! I enjoy to see restoration pics as there aren't many to see. Keep up the good work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version