Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MP4 Support for Version 3.0.0  (Read 4919 times)

Jerkyboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2006, 04:38:17 pm
MP4 Support for Version 3.0.0
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:16:18 am »
Thanks for the new version of SK.

I see that it now supports MP4 formats. I downloaded a few MP4s from ITunes, but for some reason the new SK version still doesn't recognize the files. I have the album art in the album directory along with the song files, but SK doesn't display the album or artist. Is there a setting in the menus that allows me to control the support of these additional formats? Am I missing something?

Thanks again for the great software!!

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: MP4 Support for Version 3.0.0
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 06:29:26 pm »
It all depends on your setup.  What have you got setup in your Paths list?  Where are the MP4 files located?

Jerkyboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2006, 04:38:17 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 11:23:15 pm »
The MP4s are stored under the same main directory as my MP3s, My Documents/My Music then under the artist and album folder with album art. I use the same path for both types, but the software doesn't pick up the MP4s.

One more thing. When I download the MP4s from Itunes, they have a paddlock symbol on the Itune file and it says "protected".  Is there some type of security on this file that is preventing it from being seen by SK?

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 04:51:09 am »
The only couple of things I can think of is that the files don't fit the following filters :

*.mp3;*.mp2;*.wav;*.ogg;*.aiff;*.wma;*.wmv;*.asx;*.asf;*.m4a;*.mp4;*.flac;*.aac;*.ac3;*.wv;*.it;*.xm;*.s3m;*.mod;*.mtm;*.mo3

These are all the file extensions I look for when searching.

Either that, or are the files/directory marked as hidden?  Is the album actually being displayed in any way, or is it just skipping them completely?

And yes, if they are protected, that might cause problems.  I've never actually tried those sort of files, so I can't tell you with certainty.