Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame cab builders club? Any cab builders out in Colorado?  (Read 2495 times)

mikevangels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2007, 02:48:24 am
Mame cab builders club? Any cab builders out in Colorado?
« on: August 07, 2006, 10:42:54 am »
Hey All,

I'm new to these boards so forgive me if this has been brought up before but I was wondering if anyone out there thought about getting groups of folks who live near one another together to build cabinets. 

I'm currently getting ready to start on my second MAME cabinet and one thing I learned from building my first cab was that the saying "the right tool for the job" seems to go a long way. 

I'm guessing that many of us are not carpenters by trade and don't have access to a full shop.  However, we may have one or two nifty tools to play with.  I figured that if a few of us got together we'd be able to share tools and ideas (and if nothing else provide that all important second pair of hands for holding large pieces). 

Anyway, I live in Fort Collins Colorado and would love to hear for any others out there who are also into this crazy hobby.

whatzcrackn

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2019, 12:14:02 pm
  • U just won tickets to da 'GUN SHOW'
Re: Mame cab builders club? Any cab builders out in Colorado?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 09:44:18 pm »
Whatz up man!  I live in Evans. I bought an Old Williams Cab (Joust) did allite repairing and an stuck a xbox and ps2 in there.  My second cab (unfinished) is a Dynomo-spelling cab.  The original Ikarri Worriors.

I am in need a of a nice barcade and the tool thing is my problem too!  I want to put a Dreamcast in that!

mikevangels

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2007, 02:48:24 am
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 11:36:22 am »
Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed that someone finally responded to my post. 

I actually have a buddy who lives out in Evans too, forget the street but he's behind the Home Depot off 34.

Anyway, he's been wanting to put a cab together for a bit now too.  We should try to get together some time and see if we can't make something work; or at least drink a few beers and pretend to work.

Hockeyboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2022, 02:48:38 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 04:47:35 am »
Finally saw this post...whoops!!

I live in Peyton, just east of Colorado Springs. Been in Colorado about 5.5 years now and love it out here. I'm about to start my first MAME cabinet now that we moved into our brand-new house. Wife wants it to look more like an "art" piece than a standard arcade cab which I'm perfectly fine with. Been planning for quite some time, just need to start building now...  ;D

Timoe

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2009, 09:50:12 am
  • Team-Oh-tAy-Oh
    • Rattlin' Trash
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 12:11:37 pm »
I used to live in Englewood.  Not that it helps.... :o