Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Free VMJ - Virtual Music Jukebox 9  (Read 23249 times)

VMJ Team

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2007, 09:29:50 am
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
Free VMJ - Virtual Music Jukebox 9
« on: August 04, 2006, 02:49:17 pm »
Virtual Music Jukebox has been recently acquired by Mameroom Designs LLC.  As a result of this change of ownership from Digital Innovations LLC, VMJ has undergone an upgrade.  We have recently released version 9 in beta.  While our devoted beta testers continue to provide us with excellent feedback, quality is still our #1 concern.

In efforts to provide the best possible software, we are launching a development campaign that will hopefully persuade registered and non-registered users to give VMJ9 a try...all the while helping us to provide quality software to our users.

Until further notice, any user that provides the VMJ Team with debugging information regarding a program flaw or "bug", will receive a free registration.  A current value of $34.95

A few stipulations however.  Information provided must be regarding a new issue that has not already been reported.  All information must be posted in the "Bug reporting" section of the www.virtualmusicjukebox.com website.  This will essentially timestamp and log the issue.  Please review this section to ensure that the isuse has not already been adressed.  Then shoot an email to registrations@virtualmusicjukebox.com regarding your free registration.

Also, information should be regarding issues that prevent the software from operating in the manner it was intended...not opinions on how it "should" operate.  Please submit feature requests within the "feature request" section of the www.virtualmusicjukebox.com message board.

Some of our great new program features include audio visualizations (audio files only), completely customizable navigation buttons, enhanced browsing/navigation feature, touch screen enhancments, arcade mode enhancements...and much more.

Try it out here:
http://www.virtualmusicjukebox.com/software.htm

Thank you for your support
The VMJ Team
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 03:47:57 pm by VMJ Team »

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re: Free VMJ - Virtual Music Jukebox 9
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 10:34:01 pm »
Hi nice to see activity on VMJ.   

Could you clarify if the bug report is supposed to be sent in on the form page that says it will be looked at in 48 hours or is it supposed to be posted on the bug area on the vmj forum?    I looked in the forum area and did not see anything relating to V9 yet so I sent it in as a bug report on the bug page.

BobA

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 12:32:35 am »
Bob,

We are still in the process of updating the vmj website for version 9.  With mameroom acquiring Digital innovations...there's alot still that needs to be switched over and updated.   Please use the bug reporting board on the www.virtualmusicjukebox.com to report a possible bug (just to get it recorded), then you can EITHER use the support page or send and email to registrations@virtualmusicjukebox.com if you are participating in the free registration incentive.

Mameroom Designs continues to grow and now has a development staff to concentrate solely on VMJ.

The Mameroom Designs staff will be monitoring the message boards once daily (or at least every other day).

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 02:15:39 am »
Sorry... tried to use the bug reporting forum on VMJ site and it says that only administators can post.  I was logged in as BobA.

The bug I was trying to report was related to volume control.  VMJ 9 does not maintain volume level when you choose the restore from last shutdown option.  It keeps going back to 100.  I am running under XP home.

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 10:13:57 am »
I removed the posting restrictions on the forums.

digitaldj

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 01:38:57 pm »
Sounds all like a bunch of horse hockey to me and with the acquiring business and devlopement staff probably of one person i don't see anything different in how business is handled. If you can't respond to problems and concerns on the forum then what is the use. There is a very excellent program on here that everybody needs to realize is the best and forget about VMJ. I think they have tarnished their reputation to the point that they should be giving away VMJ and make no reference to a $34.95 price tag and only give it away when they have the bugs worked out. The other thing is they should have never charged anything for it in the first place and should give everybody their money back until they have their s--t together.

I had a deal with them on selling plans for my juke and that got all screwed up to which is by no suprise.

Guess what you can't tell me i can't bad mouth VMJ because i'm not on your forum and you can't kick me off because it's not your forum. Until i get my money back and you get you s--t together i will never use VMJ.
Kevin
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 01:48:12 pm by Jukeman »

Ghoward

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2021, 10:45:22 pm
  • Mame rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 02:37:09 pm »
I do not think it is fair to be giving away the program for free since some of us bought the program. Are updates still going to be free?

Thanks

Gary

surf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2011, 11:43:38 am
  • I've built my own arcade!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 08:42:00 am »
I remember using the trial version of this a year or so ago, man was it bad!

Maybe it's been upgraded to the point of usefullness now, but with all the other options out there, I am not quite sure about paying $35 bucks for it.

I think that a "donation" page would be better...

It's nice to have options, but I hate to see this hobby getting so commercialized!

Have a wonderful day...
Surf

http://www.freewebs.com/homepubarcade
(Just a homemade arcade)

TapeWurm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2008, 12:47:20 am
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 12:58:52 pm »
I paid for an older version of VMJ and it was quite good. The newer versions suck ass, though, IMO. But my biggest gripe is that it has always been so user unfriendly. I PAID for the program and tried contacting them for a key which was lost. NO REPLY at all. Nothing.
As far as I'm concerned, SK Jukebox is as good of an app as VMJ has ever been. Even though SK doesn't have every single feature that VMJ has, the support and quick response more than makes up for it. And considering that SK is a free app, the fact that Salmon King is so generous with his time makes it THE BEST there is.

Oh, and if I didn't mention it before, VMJ sucks ass. I mean I REALLY can't stand it. And all Cyberpunk ever did on this board was pimp/spam his app constantly.
I hope no one EVER downloads it again, even if it were given away.

eist1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2008, 02:38:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 09:18:27 pm »
The Bug Reporting Page is still not allowing Posts. I found a Bug in VMJ 9, when doing a Search for Album, Artist or Track, it finds the desided song/artist, but puts it on all 8 lines, so you have 8 of the same entries for one song. Also, when changing the Animation Speed, it changes the speed, but the pages continue to change, until you exit and go back into the program. I'm glad to see more of an interest in the development of VMJ, but would really like to see ID3 Tag support so filtering can be used for Album searching (narrows down the amount of albums to search via Genre), and AutoDJ (AutoPlay), would be nice to do via Genre.

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 08:28:00 am »
Sorry if you've previously had a bad experience with VMJ that's what we are looking to change.

Jukeman:  You were to the first to be informed of a change in our business structure.  Taking your gripes to this forum is simply unprofessional.  If you have problems with Scott personally that's no reason to bash a product that you have paid for (according to your post), considering it is a try before you buy title.

I'm a little confused about most of these remarks.  Do you not try out the software to see if there are bugs or if the product suits your needs before you pay?  I apoligize for any inconvenience.

Again, all updates are free.  If VMJ was not or is not what you are looking for...tell us...we will make it right.  If you are the type to be biased based on previous issues, then I'm sorry that we can't help you, we urge you to give VMJ a try again. 

If there is a problem, we'll fix it.  Need a feature, we'll add it.  If you have anything else to say regarding support or program issues...we'd love to hear your feedback.

If you have gripes about the past...VMJ is under new management...granted with one of the original developers (Cyberpunk), but with Mameroom Designs acquiring VMJ, there's a few new faces dedicted to VMJ and more personnel to provide support.

Regarding Cyberpunk...Scott was one of the very first people on these forums posting about VMJ.  In essence, he was one of the pioneers of this field I personally feel after researching the history of this board, that VMJ helped spawn a whole new generation of very good jukebox titles...like SK and the countless others.   We are not trying to take anything away from these authors...we would simply like to reintroduce VMJ especially after many trials and tribulations it's been through.

If you have any questions or concerns or have had issues with support in the past, let us rectify them.  Feel free to contact us personally.

Marc@virtualmusicjukebox.com
scott@virtualmusicjukebox.com

« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 10:18:48 am by VMJ Team »

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 09:13:21 am »
The permissions have been reset on the "Bug Reporting" board.  Sorry, there are still alot of little details that need to be addressed during our conversion.

Also, the bug that you have reported regarding the track search has been corrected.  Please download the latest beta version.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 09:33:38 am by VMJ Team »

eist1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2008, 02:38:59 pm
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 10:49:42 am »
Great, the Tracks portion of the Search works great now, but now the Album and Artist portion of the Search feature also needs to be fixed, it is still showing 8 entries for each in Album and Artist searches.

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 11:06:28 am »
I was unable to duplicate the issue when searching for artist or album.  Can you provide a screenshot to Marc@virtualmusicjukebox.com?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 11:15:18 am by VMJ Team »

TapeWurm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2008, 12:47:20 am
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 11:21:49 am »
Sorry if you've previously had a bad experience with VMJ that's what we are looking to change.

Perhaps you could start to change my mind by helping me get a key code for the program, since my last few attempts have led to no response.

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 11:30:26 am »
Absolutely,

Email me your hardware fingerprint and registered email address.

marc@virtualmusicjukebox.com

clanggedin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2012, 11:08:55 pm
  • O'DOYLE RULES!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 11:37:42 am »
I got this error when installing. I also posted this in your Bug forum.

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 11:46:27 am »
Some XP users have reported similiar issues regarding the subsystem.  Please review the following posts:

http://www.virtualmusicjukebox.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=67&highlight=autoexec#67

If you still encounter this issue after trying the suggested methods to fix the problem,  please let me know at marc@virtualmusicjukebox.com or from the support page on www.virtualmusicjukebox.com.

digitaldj

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 05:47:00 pm »
Wow! I guess i really ticked someone off! Now i feel bad for anyone else that is voiceing their opinion because i hope they don't get threats through their email like i have. Threats that they are going to sue me for autocad work that they didn't finish and that i better watch my mouth.

I think the forum adminastrator needs to do something about this!

What is this world coming to when you can't voice your opinion which is one of our rights and then get threatening emails.

I guess it is ok that we get charged a fee for software that is not useable even after 3 years.

I'm done with VMJ and i'm sure other people can draw their own conclusions. As far the new person taking over the project of programming for you own sanity you should have started new and renamed the software for a fresh start. I feel for you because there is alot of unhappy campers out there.

Oh by the way quit sending the emails or i will post them on here for everyone to see.
Kevin

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 06:12:25 pm »
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=47207.40 is one of them, when VMJ got some trouble, and lose some respect, here on BYOAC (It maybe because it a commicial projects?).

But ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- happens sometime, but I do respect all jukebox software, even costumer support wasen
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 09:28:29 pm »
I have not downloaded this program nor will I ever.  Anything that remotely has cyberbitch involved will not have anything to do with me.  That jerk has few friends here and probably never will.  I don't know how you were swindled into giving him a dime, but you should try to get your money back now.  I've never seen anyone who was in business for themselves act like such a ---tallywhacker---.  Not to mention all the complaints the program received.  You are correct, it did inspire more juke applications.  One key difference though, they work and have friendly support.  Did I mention they're free?

If you have any business savvy, you should contact Barcrest about using a program for commercial use.   Freebox is where it's at for touchscreen and dual monitors.  Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it Cyber.

P.S.  If you contact me in anyway, I will post it for all to see.  I don't care to hear from anyone associated with that punk. :tool:

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 08:26:49 am »
First, I do not condone the personal feelings and attitudes presented here...both from members of our company or any of the users engaged in these mudslinging campaigns.  While Scott (Cyberpunk) may not have the people skills required to deal with customers...he is a very talented developer that simply lacks the patience for dealing with people .  However, in reading the comments in here and in the previous posts...it would appear (in his defense), that some users behaved quite poorly themselves almost initiating a response.

But that's neither here nor there...again, all I can do is let users of this forum know that VMJ is not what it was.  I have no intention of engaging into a debate with any of the previous discussions that have occured...there is no point.

I apoligize if you were treated poorly in the past.  Unfortunately, I am unable to do anything about that to make it right except offer the support and dedication that VMJ deserves.  It really has come a long way from its inception and I'm rather proud to be a part of it.

I also have no intention of backing down from promoting VMJ, just as I have read countless others promoting other software titles.  You will not be able to engage me in a bashing war as seen in the links to previous posts...so please address all your concerns relating to Cyberpunk to:

Scott@virtualmusicjukebox.com

I'm sure he would be more than happy to discuss your issues with you personally. 

Jukeman.  I'm well aware of what has occured with you and Scott...we share an office and a computer, and I do apoligize.  While I do not wish to be caught in the middle of any such issues...as a business partner, I am partially invovled.  I feel I should at least attempt to defuse a potentially bad situation.  From what has been discussed in our office, you really should just let it go....please!

Again, I know its going to be tough (aparently), but I will be in here addressing questions, concerns, and even complaints regarding the NEW VMJ.  There will be no question regarding the type of support or quality of VMJ as long as I am a part of it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 08:29:34 am by VMJ Team »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 09:55:46 am »
And if it dosen

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 11:58:49 am »
I agree.  If anyone is looking for jukebox software, save your money and look at the thread that is stickied in this forum:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=13403.0

Again, I don't know if your obligated for some strang reason to be associated with that Scott, but I would check into that and consider alternatives.  It seams you have good grammar and you are well spoken and that's an excellent start.  Sorry you had to meet me in this manner, but that guy is no good.   :tool:

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 12:31:45 pm »
Im never say VMJ is bad, Im only say the respect have been falling, here on BYOAC. I can

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 01:56:36 pm »
It does appear that the reputation of VMJ is very much tainted among users of this message board.  None the less, I feel obligated to at least try to earn the respect of the faithful users of this board and users of jukebox software as a whole.  While VMJ may be associated with bitterness amongst a few users, I understand that I am fighting a losing battle with these people and have no desire to tell them that their opinions are wrong...they are quite entitled to feel that way (based on what I've read).  I also understand that I am promoting a commericial product amongst several freeware/shareware titles...it's an uphill battle.

As far as my association with Scott.  We currently share an office as software developers (on a rotating shift) for a rather large international law firm.  I have also worked for Scott as an independent programming consultant under Cybertech Designs on several projects.  I have recently joined as a investing partner for the manufacturing company Mameroom Designs and now handle all of the software development that passes through the company.  Recently, Digital Innovations has relinquished all rights to VMJ to Mameroom Designs LLC.  Therefore, I now manage and support this software title.  While a name change is not out of the question, it will be a rather lengthy process regarding copyrighting and trademarking.

Please have an open mind about the new VMJ and possible comfort in knowing that I will be personally responding to each and every support questions the moment i receive it...even If it's to let you know that I need to get back to you.

At the very least, please understand what I'm attempting to do with VMJ in here.

Thank you,
Marc Matthewson
marc@virtualmusicjukebox.com

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 05:09:53 pm »
These types of replies make it seem as if your method of customer relations is the de facto policy of your company and business relationship with Scott.  To wit (emphasis, mine):

I feel I should at least attempt to defuse a potentially bad situation.  From what has been discussed in our office, you really should just let it go

in reading the comments in here and in the previous posts...it would appear (in his defense), that some users behaved quite poorly themselves almost initiating a response.

But that's neither here nor there...

You don't defuse something by telling someone publicly to "just let it go". 

You also don't claim something is neither here nor there after being unable to resist interjecting opinion, and at that, an opinion defending actions that you have claimed you do not condone.  You simply let the matter drop - you don't even respond to it. 

If you truly are being honest in wanting to get off to a fresh start, you'll be better served by letting Scott talk for himself (you're QUITE aware that he is unable to resist doing so) and simply deal with the program you're telling us is going to be "new and unquestionable".  You're seemingly headed down a road that is anything BUT "new", and is exactly what people had grown to expect in the past.  Continuing to respond in the manner those two quotes above illustrate will only serve to cement a "same attitude, different package" view that is directly related to contradictions of what you're claiming to want to change.  Not the people with issues, but with your public image you willingly portray with every response such as those. 

You will only have yourself to blame if you continue in the fashion those two snapshots of your current attitude towards public relations.

If you indeed are someone other than the person previously known as "Cyberpunk", I believe I can speak for a large group of us in saying thank you for not letting him post the announcement here.  If this is just an ID change to disassociate yourself with the name Cyberpunk (I'm confident you should be able to follow that line of reasoning and read between the lines), in the end, the ego always wins out. 

Thank you for the updated product, and good luck.
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

JackTucky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:00:58 pm
  • Soon I will post that I am a triathalete
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 05:25:43 pm »
Drew:

What a well thought out post to describe what I gather are most of are thinking.

Those two statements go directly to your point, that nothing has changed.

Vmjteam's recommendation to "let it go", even though Jukeman was responding to an email he got from cyberpunk, speaks volumes to me.

Do you want a "Drew and Jack's recommendation of the week?"   Purchase VMJ with as much confidence you would if you purchased from harpal.

My idea for VMJ to fix this?  Make the thing shareware.  Not limited shareware. 

VMJ, you really want to make up with your users?  Trust THEM to pay you, don't ask them to trust YOU to make the software right.

Jacktucky
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 05:27:46 pm by JackTucky »
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 09:22:20 pm »
I see your point...it is my job (essentially) to register complaints and provide customer support.  I merely responded to these posts from a support approach...to not let any comment/question go unanswered or unresponded.  Not to defend any previous actions or comments made in here in the past...but inadvertingly, I did just that.  In efforts to back the support that I am boasting...I have overdone it.  I guess it is a fine line. 

Regarding Jukeman...again, a personal issue that should not be brought up in here.  In efforts for me to effectly promote new features in VMJ, I did not want to see a forum battle errupt with Scott further damaging any reputation that I am trying to rebuild.  I'm relitively new to how things work in here and what is appropriate and inappropriate.

I will only post regarding new features or something I personally feel is newsworthy about VMJ...although, it will be quite difficult letting a concern or complaint about VMJ go ignored and unanswered...it almost seems like that would be a lack of support that many in here have complaints about in the first place...again, a fine line a guess.

Thanks!

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2006, 04:42:03 am »
Personally i don't think advertising commercial software should allowed on this board. If scott is such a tallented programmer then why does it take him so long to actually do anything? I code my software in my spare time and admittedly there are bugs but when users let me know i get them fixed next day usually. Along with getting new features in and user requests. I can see why you wouldn't want to go down the donations route as that pays virtually squat but if you are staying commercial i think the posts should be kept off here.

If i really had to go with commercial software the ThePCJukebox wins hands down over VMJ and at least you get good service of that guy, obviously i think people should be using my software but hey i'm biased ;)

Barry Barcrest

• Offline Offline
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 07:13:37 am »
http://www.nctsoft.com/products/NCTAudioStudio2/AudioVisualizationEx.aspx

Anyone want to add support for VMJ visualisations to their software? His Config files are txt based presets for this active x component.

EDIT:
It's $399 and comes with everything you need to create your own jukebox. All you need to code is the front end. It's a complete audio suite, so to be fair to VMJ some bugs like incorrect tag reading etc might be out of his control so to speak.

EDIT2:
But i think he must have paid for the site licence as there is now more than one developer working on the project. That costs $1995 and seems like a big investment, you would need to sell a lot of copies. Also if you go for the cheaper option i noticed this in the EULA...

- This type of license is only issued to companies or individuals, who purchase NCTAudioStudio  for any purposes other than distributing and selling end-user software, based on NCTAudioStudio via Internet (shareware business model) at prices lower than USD 100.

Purposes other than distributing and selling end user software... Hang on isn't that VMJ? Hmm prices lower than USD 100 ah this could be a loophole...

EDIT3:
No, no loophole...

Site Wide License. Allows using NCTAudioStudio on Unlimited development computers at a single physical address.
- This type of license should be purchased if a customer intends to create own software on the basis of NCTAudioStudio and sell it via Internet (shareware business model) at prices lower than USD 100

So VMJ Shelled out almost $2,000 on this and he can't charge more than $100 a copy for it. OUCH! Still 70 copies sold and he will covered the cost of the control.

EDIT4:
Oh it gets better i have just played with the sample app and that is what VMJ called his visualisation creator. Aside from a few label changes it is the same thing...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:52:46 am by Barcrest »

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 08:38:06 am »
I'm still not quite happy with the quality of the NCTAudioStudio components for an audio engine.  I am primarily a financial systems developer and know little about audio components....just that it doesn't do exactly what I want it to.

Are there any other good visualization compononents out there?  I'm not sure if there is enough demand for  visualization features to warrant coding them from scratch.  The visualization component/capability was available for the past 2 years but never implimented until the transition of management of VMJ...the sample app was perfect to modify into an editor...why recreate the wheel I always say.

I would like to add ID tag support (which I can code through API calls), and support MP4 and WMA's encoded with DRM.  The NCT engine apparently does not support these files...What else is available?  Preferably something that supports CD+G.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 09:27:18 am »
Engine:
Bass from http://www.un4seen.com is that sound engine I use for my own software.

It very very stable, and never got a crash (but the winamp plugin is not very stable, but still on beta, and the plugin seen never being finished).

Bass does not have Visual support, But a plugin on the page can (but not tested).....

BASS is only free for freeware products, and

Barry Barcrest

• Offline Offline
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 09:59:26 am »
I'm still not quite happy with the quality of the NCTAudioStudio components for an audio engine.  I am primarily a financial systems developer and know little about audio components....just that it doesn't do exactly what I want it to.

Hang on, you paid $2000 for something you are not happy with? Don't get me wrong but that is a hell of a lot of investment to cast by the wayside. If you know very little about audio components then why code a jukebox? Isn't that basically all audio components?

Are there any other good visualization compononents out there?  I'm not sure if there is enough demand for  visualization features to warrant coding them from scratch.  The visualization component/capability was available for the past 2 years but never implimented until the transition of management of VMJ...the sample app was perfect to modify into an editor...why recreate the wheel I always say.

Well i would recreate the wheel, and if i hadn't i certainly would make out i had. The reason being is that code is probably copyrighted and you don't want them to come along and close you down or even worse be suing you for charging for software you didn't actually code.

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 11:27:58 am »
Thanks for the tips and leads on audio components...I will do some research and certainly give credit where credit is due if anything is used.  The investments put into VMJ were primarily done under Digital Innovations.  Just joining the VMJ development team, I have a more "user" end approach...not being well versed in audio component could be a benefit.  As I only see what I (as a user) want in audio components...not limited to what I have to work with.  NCT does the job and for the most part is stable...but does not handle all media formats.  I believe the logic behind purchasing NCT is for its capabilities.  It's my understanding that with NCT, I could add ripping and burning capabilities to VMJ as well...I could also add recording capabilities with the controls available....

In my opinion...NCT is a great product for an all in one media solution like Windows Media Player or Itunes.  However, for simple jukebox (audio player) software, it may be a little overkill.  I would like to concentrate on quality of features, not quantity.  I'm not looking to scrap NCT at this point.  I just want to see what else is available.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 11:30:18 am by VMJ Team »

mutea

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2017, 02:55:45 am
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 12:55:46 am »

Hang on, you paid $2000 for something you are not happy with? Don't get me wrong but that is a hell of a lot of investment to cast by the wayside. If you know very little about audio components then why code a jukebox? Isn't that basically all audio components?

Well i would recreate the wheel, and if i hadn't i certainly would make out i had. The reason being is that code is probably copyrighted and you don't want them to come along and close you down or even worse be suing you for charging for software you didn't actually code.

please im use VMJ Virtual Music Jukebox old one in Windows XP  but now i need to use VMJ Virtual Music Jukebox  10 in Windows 7 But there is a problem and I can not reach the programmers Person

please help me i can Pay for all repairs my mail    mutea_sabir@hotmail.com