Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade tricks part II  (Read 2626 times)

CitznFish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2023, 12:36:44 pm
  • www.subvertcity.com - Prof. Strength Slackwear
Arcade tricks part II
« on: March 12, 2003, 07:46:19 pm »
Not tricks to get free games, but tricks when playing the games

I used to find old joust machines and after the 4th wave teh 'lave hand' could hold down the enemy in place. if you had an old Joust machine the pteradactyl would fly up and you could ALWAYS joust him in the mouth just by standing on the middle ledge. I got so good I could sit there for hours just bouncing back and forth between pteradactyls.

I wish MAME had a setting that allowed you to still do this in Joust. I haven't seen it work in the version I have...

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Re:Arcade tricks part II
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2003, 08:21:11 pm »
It works in my version.  Can remeber which label of Joust it is in though.

Magnet_Eye

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2020, 09:26:19 pm
  • Feel the heat?
    • Web Hosting deals for BYOAC Users!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 10:54:27 pm »
Joust tips here:

http://www.classicgaming.com/rcatt/

click on Game Tips
I offer discounted WEB HOSTING to BYOAC members! Only $2.49 a month for a FULL FEATURED account! www.cloud9media.com

Magnet_Eye

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2020, 09:26:19 pm
  • Feel the heat?
    • Web Hosting deals for BYOAC Users!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 10:58:44 pm »
HEY HEY HEY!!! I used to do a trick on Crazy Kong that i can;t remember how to do! On the first stage you do a jump over a barrel on the bottom level to the right of the screen, and you somehow would bouce off the edge of the screen and get launched....

anyone remember this?

I offer discounted WEB HOSTING to BYOAC members! Only $2.49 a month for a FULL FEATURED account! www.cloud9media.com

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2003, 01:15:14 am »
When my buddy was playing Donkey Kong on my cabinet he was trying to do this trick on the second level where you stand right next to DK really close and jump up and down and it's suppose to give you points because you are taunting him or something.  Anyways he couldn't get it to work.

J_K_M_A_N

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:14:35 pm
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 10:36:21 am »
When my buddy was playing Donkey Kong on my cabinet he was trying to do this trick on the second level where you stand right next to DK really close and jump up and down and it's suppose to give you points because you are taunting him or something.  Anyways he couldn't get it to work.

The way that one works is you stand next to the donkey and jump then while your guy is in the air you press the joystick away from the donkey. You have to be inside the pipe and it will give you 100 points every time. You actually get more points that way then you do for bonus so I usually try to leave the rivet at the top and do this until my bonus is down to 100 then get the last riviet.

J_K_M_A_N

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2003, 12:25:38 pm »
I believe the taito version of Mr. Do! has an infinate life trick/bug.

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2003, 01:55:17 pm »

The way that one works is you stand next to the donkey and jump then while your guy is in the air you press the joystick away from the donkey. You have to be inside the pipe and it will give you 100 points every time. You actually get more points that way then you do for bonus so I usually try to leave the rivet at the top and do this until my bonus is down to 100 then get the last riviet.

J_K_M_A_N

Cool I will try that

rick6668

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2013, 12:41:46 pm
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2003, 04:10:58 pm »
For joust, it's the red-label version.  I have done this trick many times and it works.

Anyone remember the magazine joystik?

They used to have great articles about the games and then a section called 'Tricks of the Trade' which would discuss hidden tricks in games.

Some of the magazines have been scanned are available here

http://www.stormaster.com/RGVAC-Manuals/Joystik-Magazines/

Rick