Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: powermame v.107  (Read 14634 times)

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
powermame v.107
« on: July 24, 2006, 11:10:01 am »
Is there any chance of getting powermame brought up to version .107
dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

squirrellydw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2021, 11:30:22 am
Re: powermame v.107
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 07:27:12 pm »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
I b**ch. People listen!!

Circo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2020, 03:27:51 am
  • Still using screenshots? Try EmuMovies instead.
    • EmuMovies
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 12:46:01 am »
Have not seen mike around in quite awhile now, I think powermame is probably officially dead.  I know how hard it is to try to keep a project going while having a very demanding job plus a family.  It is next to impossible to keep up with consistantly.  At least with EmuMovies I can go at my own pace, there is really no tech support, getting the DVDs out in a timely manner is hard but everyone seems very patient so all in all it's really no hassle.  A MAME build takes alot of time especially with all the changes.  Plus you have the added headache of tech support which is a huge problem for something that you are doing with no compensation.  I hold out a small hope that if Mike gets around to making a version for himself then we may see another version of Powermame....MAYBE.... that's if he has the willingness or time to deal with all of the "how do you, why is this not????" issues that come along with it.  What we really need to hope for is that "Killer App" that let's us all use our led-wiz's the way we want.  Not only with mame but with other emulators.  Mahuti has gotten fairly close but we are still not there yet.  I am so willing at this point to even pay for software, no problem! 

So Mike if you see this, hope everything is going well, and we would all be happy to see you back in the mame business ;D But it is ok and completely understandable if you don't.  However if you ever find the time or interest to put together a "Killer App"...................That would be sweet.  Now back to making those pesky previews!  :dizzy:
My Websites

JoyMonkey

• Voodoo Wiki Master . . .
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2023, 09:38:52 am
  • Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker
    • JoyMonkey.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:22:41 am »
It wouldn't suprise me if PowerMame makes a re-appearance later in the year. I'm sure being stuck inside during the hot summer months spending hours in-front of a PC is the last thing MikeQ would want to do, especially after doing that all day at work.

There's been a lot of changes introduced in 0.107 that would complicate updating PowerMame further, and without hiscore.dat support I don't think I'll be upgrading to a new version untill the save-state feature is working with most games anyway. Hopefully by the time the weather starts to cool down we'll have a more solid version of Mame and MikeQ might take the PowerMame reins again.

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2020, 05:00:22 pm
  • Even Jesus loves Donkey Kong!
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 05:26:54 pm »
I can't speak for the guy, but it seemed like he went through this stuff like a fireball. He probably burnt himself out. I think that too many people started to get too pushy too. I am finally getting to use it as my cab nears completeion. There is a lot of cool stuff here. Very inovative. I remember when the whole thing started he only built it for himself and everyone kinda pushed for wide release. For the kind of functionality we have gained, I plan to stay with PM for a while. It would be great if once or twice a year he opened up for business and made some updates, but well see.

Is sucked because I could only offer suggestions about how I thought it should be without ever being able to test until now. Oh well.
M    Y    X

BLACKOUT  - Finally rewritten - http://blog.myxdigital.com/
Original BLACKOUT thread - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48239.0