Front End Support > MaLa Frontend

Set-up: "How to" guide (install and configure emulators, plus Visual Pinball)

<< < (17/19) > >>

IG-88:
Well, I wanted to run just a Turbo Graphics emu only. However Mala requires Mame in order to set itself up. Asks for a XML (or some such) file IIRC. If you don't have Mame on your computer it won't continue it's setup.

Gray_Area:

--- Quote from: IG-88 on April 09, 2012, 11:27:05 pm ---Well, I wanted to run just a Turbo Graphics emu only. However Mala requires Mame in order to set itself up. Asks for a XML (or some such) file IIRC. If you don't have Mame on your computer it won't continue it's setup.

--- End quote ---

That's no problem. I have a machine that runs about twenty games, a mix of MAME and Daphne (where I'm using lnk files to call up either emu). I have MAME on there, but the emu list selected is an 'other emu'. Stays there until, or if, I select MAME, which I never do.

Gray_Area:
unclet has graciously updated his original posting with the links to later tutorials within this thread, so that you don't have to look for them.

xefned:
Many thanks unclet! I'm a newcomer to almost everything here, including windows, so this guide is appreciated with great hugeness.

For those without the ability to open .txt files, I've created a PDF copy of v1.8.

edit: hey wait, how'd you do that? 1.8 isn't even out yet. Is there a public beta?

Gray_Area:

--- Quote from: xefned on October 01, 2012, 06:53:19 pm ---Many thanks unclet! I'm a newcomer to almost everything here, including windows, so this guide is appreciated with great hugeness.

For those without the ability to open .txt files, I've created a PDF copy of v1.8.

edit: hey wait, how'd you do that? 1.8 isn't even out yet. Is there a public beta?

--- End quote ---

Everybody can open txt files. Some files, like this one, were done in wordpad. Notepad, which kinda blows for all but very rudimentary stuff, can't interpret the formatting.

The version number doesn't match Mala version number.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version