Front End Support > MaLa Frontend

Set-up: "How to" guide (install and configure emulators, plus Visual Pinball)

<< < (5/19) > >>

rubberpoultry:
I'm a Mac guy so this is all foreign to me. someone in another thread said MaLa was easy to setup.

OK, so anyway... I found the file called mamepp. WHen I entered mamepp -cc in the command promp it created a config file called mamepp. Is that what I needed? Do I need to rename that "mame.ini"?

Havok:

--- Quote from: rubberpoultry on December 15, 2006, 12:17:40 pm ---I'm a Mac guy so this is all foreign to me. someone in another thread said MaLa was easy to setup.

OK, so anyway... I found the file called mamepp. WHen I entered mamepp -cc in the command promp it created a config file called mamepp. Is that what I needed? Do I need to rename that "mame.ini"?

--- End quote ---

You should be all set. The mame versions will create the ini file based off the executable. So, when you open the mamepp config file, you should see stuff like this:

### MAME.ini ###

### Frontend Related ###

### Windows path and directory options ###
rompath                 roms
samplepath              samples
inipath                 .;ini
cfg_directory           cfg
nvram_directory         nvram
memcard_directory       memcard
input_directory         inp
hiscore_directory       hi
state_directory         sta
artwork_directory       artwork
snapshot_directory      snap
diff_directory          diff
ctrlr_directory         ctrlr
comment_directory       comments
ips_directory           ips
lang_directory          lang
cheat_file              cheat.dat
history_file            history.dat
story_file              story.dat
mameinfo_file           mameinfo.dat
hiscore_file            hiscore.dat

### Windows video options ###
autoframeskip           1
frameskip               0
waitvsync               0
triplebuffer            0
window                  0
ddraw                   1
direct3d                0
hwstretch               1

You enable various options by changing the number from 0 (disabled) to 1 (enabled)

loadman:
In MaLa you can also use this (see pic) to edit mame.ini files if that makes it easier for a Mac user  ;D

jWin:
that configure button never saves the settings for me (winxp),  its always stuck on DirectDraw, I place a check in D3d and it always reverts or stays unchanged.

loadman:

--- Quote from: jWin on December 16, 2006, 03:27:42 am ---that configure button never saves the settings for me (winxp),  its always stuck on DirectDraw, I place a check in D3d and it always reverts or stays unchanged.

--- End quote ---

Oh dear.. That didn't use to be the case.  I assume it's only become a problem with the later versions of mame?  I will alert SWINDUS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version