Front End Support > MaLa Frontend

Set-up: "How to" guide (install and configure emulators, plus Visual Pinball)

<< < (3/19) > >>

loadman:
I typed up some details to include
- Zinc
- ePSXe

. It's not as well done as UncleT's masterpeice but it should be adeqate

Let me know if there are any problems

Download here:

[EDIT]
This has been put on the MaLa Help Page

http://mala.arcadezentrum.com/help.html

unclet:
I have been swamped with work lately so I have not been around much.   Thanks for the information.    I am going to test out the ePSXe stuff when I stuff slows down a bit, hopefully in the next couple weeks......

Anyway, I will add the stuff into the document when I have time and after I test it out.

I read quickly the ePSXe description .......   and have a question.   It seems pretty straightforward to execute based on your description (ie: simply provide a IMG file and off you go), however, I thought the problem with ePSXe (based on my extremely limited reading on the subject) is that each Playstation game needs a different configuration setup.  Is this no longer true ......?    I thought there was a frontend to the ePSXe emulator which might manage the configuration files for you ....  let me know if this no longer applies.

Hey, thanks for the work !

loadman:

--- Quote ---Anyway, I will add the stuff into the document when I have time and after I test it out.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, Great.  You can double check it and possibly re-word it

The main thing I set up ePSXe was that the preset in MaLa was wrong (too many slashes). It threw TIMOE off track

--- Quote ---however, I thought the problem with ePSXe (based on my extremely limited reading on the subject) is that each Playstation game needs a different configuration setup.  Is this no longer true ......?   
--- End quote ---

You may be right. My method may not suit someone who needs/wants different settings for each game (such as keymap).

The few games I played seemed to be OK

Howard_Casto:
I've recently switched over to PSX.  It's lesser known, but what I like about it is you don't have to mess with plugins and all that nonsense, it just works. 

The only peculair thing is the command line switches, they are backwards  (come before the isoname).  Also you can switch the virtual pad type (for lightgun games) via the command line.  It has a cd compression tool as well, knocks 20-70 megs off of your cd images. 

From what I've tried, it emulates all the games just as well as epsxe, only you don't have to tweak renderers for each game. 

loadman:
Thanks Howard.  :D

FYI. A 'How to guide' for MaLa's 'Attract Mode' is now avaliable here:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=57516.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version