Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Just a nice simple easy to answer question  (Read 14614 times)

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
Just a nice simple easy to answer question
« on: July 10, 2006, 01:53:51 am »
Could Mike or JoyMonkey answer how the lighting files work in the lighting folder that Powermame uses with the ledwiz.  If you could just give an example of how to set up the files, that would help tons.  I've started to figure some things out, but there has to be an easier way.

buks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2011, 06:43:25 pm
  • Squash the Sno-Bees !
    • Arcade Machine Construction
Re: Just a nice simple easy to answer question
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 04:33:52 am »
mccoy,

I may be wide of the mark here but ......

Create your lighting patterns with the ledwiz application

copy the lwa files from the ledwiz folder to the lighting folder under powermame.

Edit the attract.lsq file - this file is a "queue" file for attract lighting. PM will play all the lwa files it finds in here in sequence (and repeats them indefinately).

Theres also a coins.lsq file for displaying an animation when coins are inserted.

Finally edit the ledwiz.cfg file if you want powermame to light the controls correctly. The three columns are : ledwiz connector (1-32), luminance (1-48 or 129,130,131,or 132 see below) and finally the control that will be lit.

The luminance numbers are expolained in the doc in ledwiz as follows :

129 = Ramp Up / Ramp Down
130 = On / Off
131 = On / Ramp Down
132 = Ramp Up / On

Hope this helps !

Buks

mccoy178

• Offline Offline
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 03:42:44 pm »
Thank you, I will investigate.  I did get the .cfg for the controls correct.  I just started messing around with the others and just ran out of steam. :dizzy:

buks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2011, 06:43:25 pm
  • Squash the Sno-Bees !
    • Arcade Machine Construction
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 05:48:10 am »
mccoy - I managed to get a lot of ledwiz stuff working after much messing so feel free to ask as I may have stumbled through the same problem as you.

On another note, I'm no poker fan but that poker table on your website is AWESOME ! Love the woodworking skills - i just wish I'd listened more at school when I took woodwork.... :) How many cabs/jukeboxes do you have ?

Buks

mccoy178

• Offline Offline
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 01:58:31 pm »
I just have my current cabinet.  I've built those others for friends and family.  I did have the other OSU cabinet, but tore it down to build this latest one.  Funny you mentioned that school thing.  I'm currently at OSU to get licensed to teach Tech Ed.(Shop class).  I never used a cordless drill until I was in college.  I've just always had a desire to know how things work and how to make and fix things. 

pmailley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2021, 09:49:35 am
  • TAZ I AM!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:11:07 pm »
Buks can you please tell me where I would find the LED.cfg file that you need to change to match your controls?
Thank You so much,
Paul