Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cabinet is now half up but need help with video  (Read 1949 times)

Jim

• Trade Count: (0)
Cabinet is now half up but need help with video
« on: April 07, 2002, 07:14:23 pm »
Well after replacing the power supply on the machine of the cabinet..it still do not work...i have power just no video.... when i plug in my video card i get nothing.. i tried a different card and it boots but nothing on screen..I am afraid that when the power supply got ---fouled up beyond all recognition--- so did the AGP slot... :( anyways I need some recomendations on a PCI card for video..thanks...I am running on a standard pc monitor.

JIM
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

desmatic

Re: Cabinet is now half up but need help with vide
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2002, 11:00:42 pm »
www.newegg.com   ATI Xpert 98 8MB PCI VIDEO CARD - OEM Powered by ATI RAGE graphics technology Brilliant 2D Graphics up to 1600x1200@85 Hz 32-bit true color 3D graphics up to 1280x1024 $5.00  $33

Despite what many advertise, this card runs on the mach64 chipset.  It works flawlessly with mame, advmame, advmenu, and arcadeos.  It will not work with vscymame.  This is one of the easiest video cards to setup with an arcade monitor.  A good agp alternative that is a little more tricky to setup is the matrox g400 (this card is also vsyncmame capatible and supports 32bit color).  Get the ati card first.  Then later if you feel like screwing around get a matrox g400 off of ebay.

Jim

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2002, 06:53:16 pm »
Hey,
Thanks for the recommendation..see the only problem is I tried a different AGP card it didnt work, so I think when the power supply went so did the AGP. I have a PCI card I am going to try if it works..I will buy your recommendation..if it dont work I think I need a new board!! ahh!

dhansen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2024, 04:05:18 pm
  • No Quarters Needed
    • Arcade Stupidity
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2002, 07:24:53 pm »
Hello,

If it is an arcade monitor and worked with the original game board then you might want to try turning up the brightness on the monitor.  I banged my head against the wall for a couple of days with this one.  The monitor was bright and sharp as can be with the JAMMA board but seemed dead with the VGA cable hack...

Hope this helps!
Doug
..as his cold lifeless fingers lie motionless on the garage floor, all he could hear in his head was...I JUST WANTED TO PLAY A GAME OF DONKEY KONG!!