Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Portable Mortal Kombat machine/Mame cp (WIP)  (Read 3308 times)

Hunk_4TH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 06:55:10 pm
  • I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOORE!
Portable Mortal Kombat machine/Mame cp (WIP)
« on: December 25, 2008, 09:54:45 pm »
Hey guys this may sound and look corny (I'm no good at wood working etc..) so I took an old shelf piece to a computer desktop and created this. Though it's still a work in process. But I thought I'd show it off here as I'm working on it. Also I bought this CP top off of a fellow user here and plan on buying his MK board,jamma harness and psu soon to include in this project! The artwork is in bad shape but that's coming off and being replaced with MK 3

Hunk_4TH

• Offline Offline
Re: Portable Mortal Kombat machine/Mame cp (WIP Updated 1-07-2009)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:32:26 pm »
Just got the rest of my buttons today and got all of the decals on. Now I just need an encoder. I'm leaning towards an X-arcade PCB because it comes with a wiring kit! Unless I can find an I-pac cheap which I really want.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: Portable Mortal Kombat machine/Mame cp (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 09:13:46 am »
looks good, but I'd lose the start, MK3, and midway stickers. The start buttons are obvious, and the other kinda make it look  bad IMO. cut some grooves for red Tmolding and that'd be super Uber hot
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Hunk_4TH

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:48:50 pm »
looks good, but I'd lose the start, MK3, and midway stickers. The start buttons are obvious, and the other kinda make it look  bad IMO. cut some grooves for red Tmolding and that'd be super Uber hot
Hey thanks for the kind words! you're right about the Start,Midway and MK3 decals. I was just trying to get it as close as possible to the original MK3 cp. Though the P1 start and Midway sticker sort of got a little ruined while applying it. I do plan on getting some t-molding for it in the future once I get an encoder and get all of that wired up. Any more suggestions are welcomed!  :cheers:

beastathon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2019, 02:55:53 pm
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:30:27 pm »
You really cleaned it up nicely, it's looking much better now. I also agree about the stickers, I think simpler is better.
Another suggestion if you're going to apply t-molding, cut an identical length of wood for the remaining side and it would look pretty damn close to an MK CP.

Hunk_4TH

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 08:46:51 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion beastathon! I do planning cutting a piece of wood identical to the other side. The t-molding slots will be pretty tricky as I don't own/have access to a router. Though luckly there is a slot in the middle of the CP top where the original t-molding went. I think it's turning out a lot better than I thought it would.

Jack Burton

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 11:32:31 pm
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 11:02:10 pm »
Looking nice.  Do you plan on putting both a MK board and a PC in there?  I think you could squeeze the both in if you tried.  If you do then you will need to use a J-pac encoder. 

Hunk_4TH

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 08:17:33 pm »
Looking nice.  Do you plan on putting both a MK board and a PC in there?  I think you could squeeze the both in if you tried.  If you do then you will need to use a J-pac encoder. 
Thanks! Oh I do plan on putting the MK board in there and maybe a PC later? I want to get some sort of encoder like an I-pac or X-arcade PCB first to test everything out  :)