Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "Contents/Index" should change to "Category:Index" in the sidebar  (Read 4778 times)

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Mortalpawn should been a wikimaster! He have reworked the mainpage into portals wich is now a LOTS easier for new users to navigate around the wikipage (no more big list of links). Waow, what a changes!

The Category tags is now a lots more in use (why did we not use it on rating pages to get these page automatic listed?).

I give Mortalpawn correct, the old "Contents/Index" now been phased out, and change the sidebar link to "Category:Index" instead. It simply easier to use this page, since users just can add a that tag into thier page, if needed (and then it automatic listed into the index page).

Otherwice I redirect the page into the new index in few days. But I guess the Admins should look into the first to checkout!

Look also on the talk:Main_Page link.

Nolinks on Content/Index is changed yet, but is now no longer in use.

Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Doc-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2007, 01:04:51 am
  • Carpe Arcadium!
    • Doc's Modular MAME
Re: "Contents/Index" should change to "Category:Index" in the sidebar
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 12:27:33 am »
Yes,
  I went a little nuts over the last week making massive edits (several hundred I think).  However the new Portals and Categories provide the basic structure that should allow the wiki to grow.  The old structure was not properly supporting the size of the Wiki in my opinion.

See the following page for the new Wiki structure:  http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Community_Portal

In addition to the sidebar change (Contents needs to point to [[:Category:Index]] now... I think we need to add a link to the Community Portal on some of the locked "About" and "Help" pages, since the community portal is the page that provides the overall structure.

If you are creating a new topic - please link it into one of the existing portals and also include the appropriate [[Category:{Portalname}]] statement at the bottom of your new page (where {Portalname} is the name of the portal - see the community portal for more info).

I hope you enjoy the new structure - now get out there and create some more content!

Cheers!
Doc- (Mortalpawn)