Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ms Pac man restoration HIGH RES?  (Read 8058 times)

creepfactory

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2004, 04:41:04 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Ms Pac man restoration HIGH RES?
« on: March 08, 2003, 08:08:13 pm »
Anyone have a link to somone that has all the high res scans or recreations needed to restore a Ms Pacman? And dont say KLOV! Thoes pics are smaller than Anna Nicole's brain! he he

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re:Ms Pac man restoration HIGH RES?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 08:44:02 pm »
You can purchase ms pac man artwork at restoration sites.  The reason you can't find pics is because if high res scans were released these people couldn't sell their product.  :)

creepfactory

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 01:27:15 pm »
Not to be indelicate here, but they own nothing and should thank their lucky stars the Companies like Nintendo and Namco don't shut them down for copyright infringement. I applaud them for selling repros, but it is not their art they are using, it's technically illegally reproduced art, unless I am wrong and they have written permission from the game companies, but I seriously doubt it. So yea they should be freely available to anyone though, in high res etc. And if those companies try to stop that for their own gain, they should watch out for Nintendo shutting down their ip! Sorry to rain on your parade. he he

CitznFish

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2023, 12:36:44 pm
  • www.subvertcity.com - Prof. Strength Slackwear
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 01:45:07 pm »
maybe they liscense the artwork from the original manufacturers?? just a thought....  8)

OSCAR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
  • I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem...
    • Oscar Controls
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2003, 01:59:43 pm »
Not to be indelicate here, but they own nothing and should thank their lucky stars the Companies like Nintendo and Namco don't shut them down for copyright infringement. I applaud them for selling repros, but it is not their art they are using, it's technically illegally reproduced art, unless I am wrong and they have written permission from the game companies, but I seriously doubt it. So yea they should be freely available to anyone though, in high res etc. And if those companies try to stop that for their own gain, they should watch out for Nintendo shutting down their ip! Sorry to rain on your parade. he he

Last I knew, Two-bit Score (www.twobits.com) is the exclusive license holder for Pac/Ms.  Pac reproduction graphics through an agreement with Namco/Midway.  Everyone else that carries repro Pac/Ms. Pac gfx has to buy them from Two-bit, hence the inflated price of these items.  In the past, Two-bit has been pretty agressive in protecting thier license by threatening legal action against anyone selling, or even hosting, hi-res Pac/Ms. Pac gfx.

This is also why the Multi-Pac kits are no longer "publicly available" and can only be found on occasion on eBay.

Carsten Carlos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2014, 05:06:25 am
  • Projects: Centipede extended, Asteroids
    • Carlos' Centipede-extended
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 10:43:44 am »
I need the same but for Centipede. Actually only the sideart and the marquee.

As I've to make some slightly changes to the marquee (size), a repro wouldn't help here. So far I only found a 75dpi-scan in two parts, arrgh!

As for the sideart, at least anyone an idea where I can get this less expensive? I don't like the idea shipping this to germany that much - last time I saw one it was $175 without shipping. :(

Dav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2016, 05:39:35 am
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2003, 12:48:58 pm »

Last I knew, Two-bit Score (www.twobits.com) is the exclusive license holder for Pac/Ms.  Pac reproduction graphics through an agreement with Namco/Midway.  Everyone else that carries repro Pac/Ms. Pac gfx has to buy them from Two-bit, hence the inflated price of these items.  In the past, Two-bit has been pretty agressive in protecting thier license by threatening legal action against anyone selling, or even hosting, hi-res Pac/Ms. Pac gfx.

This is also why the Multi-Pac kits are no longer "publicly available" and can only be found on occasion on eBay.

Yep, two-bit has been real aggressive lately, they're even shutting down ebay auctions for cabs that have reproduction artwork.

The multipac kits are available if you know the right people, don't tell anyone though, it's a secret.

creepfactory

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2003, 01:08:55 pm »
So If I buy an old Ms Pacman, and restore it myself and sell it on ebay, that's illegal?!?!?!? Frekin morons, we should boycott them and shun them completely from our use! I hate them for that! Thats called a monopoly gone bad, if they have the right that's fine but this is america, I can do whatever I want to something I bought and sell it any way I want, sure they can threaten, but those jerks are not true arcade fans just greedy guys looking for a buck. They want to sell exclusive pacman stuff? Fine. They want to trample our american freedom, not fine, and we should boycot them, because we are their market, and tell everyone we know NOT to use them for ANYTHING. I am sorry but we need to send THEM an agressive message that we won't support them at all and even do all we can to discourage anyone from using them.
I may have bought things from them but not now until they get off the greed train. We have all this technology to fix our old cabinets and can't do that and sell them! What's next? They ban ANYONE from using yellow paint because it looks too much like pac man yellow? Let's all check the legallity of reproduction and restoration rights for antiques, I have a feeling the law will say it's ok to sell items used to refurbish and fix old items, like selling aftermarket parts for a 65 chevy etc. Does chevy make those people pay a license fee? I don't know let's research that. As for some guy selling pac man repro side art etc to others and these guys have the rights from Namco to do THAT, I have no problem with that, but to stop people from selling cabinets they hand paint or restore themselves with an ink jet etc. that is just crap, nazi big brother crap fom this company, so lets find the legal defense online somewhere and stick it to these guys. They threaten all of us BYOAC people! Soon all the old arcade art will be "licensed" only and we will all have to stop doing what we love, I say take a pre-emtive stike and protect our right to restore cabinets ourselves!