Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: skin and settings attributes  (Read 2509 times)

st_claire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2007, 07:00:55 pm
skin and settings attributes
« on: June 23, 2006, 03:46:40 pm »
Hey,

I was wondering if there is a file somewhere which desribes all the attributes which can be set for skins and the settins. I know there is the readme and skins.txt files, but in some skins I've looked at, they use attributes which aren't covered in those files.

Thanks very much.

P.S. Just downloaded the software and so far like it very much. It's great how easy the skins are to customize.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: skin and settings attributes
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 05:13:56 pm »
No, that's it.  What attributes am I missing?

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

st_claire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2007, 07:00:55 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 06:28:35 pm »
Well, for example, some skins have an attribute DiscAddress = Absolute, but there is no description for this attribute. Also, the animation type fliphorizontal doesn't seem to differ from none. A discription of what each type was supposed to look like would be good for troubleshooting. SongsPerStrip seems to be able to take a number, or the word CD, but no mention of the attribute or its the max or min numbers if it has any are given. There are probably a few more, but this is what comes to mind. I'm not trying to be critical though, I think that the skins are really easy to work with and the software is great. It would just be great to have a full list of the possible attributes, their allowable values, and a description.

Thanks very much

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 04:49:49 am »
Well, for example, some skins have an attribute DiscAddress = Absolute, but there is no description for this attribute. Also, the animation type fliphorizontal doesn't seem to differ from none. A discription of what each type was supposed to look like would be good for troubleshooting. SongsPerStrip seems to be able to take a number, or the word CD, but no mention of the attribute or its the max or min numbers if it has any are given. There are probably a few more, but this is what comes to mind. I'm not trying to be critical though, I think that the skins are really easy to work with and the software is great. It would just be great to have a full list of the possible attributes, their allowable values, and a description.

Thanks very much

Yeah, the documentation is definately lacking.  Skin attributes change or are added in each release (the hazards of beta versions), and sometimes I miss adding them to the docs, and I certainly could flesh out the documentation more.

As far as the ones you mentioned:

DiscAddress is only relevant for CD-based skins.  The two options are:
- Absolute:  Every CD has a different number, so you can add songs from discs that aren't on the screen.  This is usually the preferred mode for CD skins.  Because album numbers are limited to 4 digits, this mode limits you to 9999 albums.
- Relative: Each CD position on the screen always has the same number.  Not as realistic, as only songs on the screen can be addressed, but can support an unlimited number of albums and uses much shorter disc addresses, leaving more room on the titlecard for other info.

AnimationType: Most of the animations are not supported yet, so this is undocumented until it works properly.

SongsPerStrip sets the mode of the jukebox.  Setting this value to 1 puts a single song on each titlestrip, similar to Arcade Jukebox.  Setting this vaue to 2 puts two songs from one artist on a titlestrip with the artist name in the center; this is the style most classic jukeboxes use.  Values higher than 2 represent a CD album-style jukebox, with the number representing the maximum number of tracks displayed per album.  The highest supported value is 50, but if the value here is too high for the selected font to fit, the number of tracks will be reduced to fit.  As noted a value of "CD" is also supported to denote a CD-style jukebox; CD is an alias for 14 in this case.

I'll have to go through this in more detail later, but it's 5 am and I need sleep...

--Chris

--Chris

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 10:34:17 am »
Eek!  I didn't realize just how little documented this was!  I thought I had written something.

I started last night on a full reference.  Hopefully won't take long.

--Chris
--Chris