Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bezel Art, instructions?  (Read 7876 times)

crashdmj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2003, 08:55:42 pm
  • Hulk smash!
    • Best webpage in the Universe!!
Bezel Art, instructions?
« on: March 08, 2003, 11:38:43 am »
Anyone know where I can get bezel instructions or art like Motorfishes (Project Announcement Section)? And how do must people attach it to the bezel?
Thanks

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re:Bezel Art, instructions?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 01:20:07 pm »
If you look closely, most of what's in Motorfish's instruction cards is just text from the MAME website!  :)

I just posted pics of mine at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/celamantia/mamecab/bezel.htm .  They're just printed on regular paper, and I sprayed a light coat of spray adhesive on the back.  This makes them about as stick as Post-It Notes, so they're easy to reposition until you get them right, and then they'll be protected by the glass or plexi.

You'll probably want to stay with light text on a dark background.  My original instruction cards had dark text on a white background, and they looked awful....

--Chris
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 01:20:33 pm by Chris »
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

TacoSmuggler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2017, 06:35:45 am
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 02:06:49 pm »
That looks fantastic Chris!
 Any chance you could post those source JPG's so's us graphically challanged folk could make our cabinets look nice?  ;D
Sanity leaves too many walls to bounce off of
While the deranged can run endlessly in any direction they choose

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 02:36:45 pm »
That looks fantastic Chris!
 Any chance you could post those source JPG's so's us graphically challanged folk could make our cabinets look nice?  ;D
I can post them Monday (right now they're at my office).  They're currently Corel Photo-PAINT files, and at 8.5" x 14" x 300 DPI, they're huge!

There's really not a lot of "art" to them, mostly just images of my control panel with text labels pointing to everthing...

--Chris
--Chris

cyberphox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2023, 08:58:39 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 01:59:36 am »
Looking forward to seeing this as no one seems to be able to get ahold of motorfish to post his.

TacoSmuggler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2017, 06:35:45 am
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 02:37:49 am »
Yeah, we all look forward to the pics of the cards. I scoured mame.net for an hour and couldnt come up with the text you said was copied to make the instruction card. I really suck at graphics though. I wanted to make some instruction cards for my mame machine, but they looked horrible. :-X

My skills are limited to resizing pics ;D

or maybe point us in the direction of the text....
Sanity leaves too many walls to bounce off of
While the deranged can run endlessly in any direction they choose

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 09:14:45 am »
or maybe point us in the direction of the text....
His bottom left card, under the MAME logo, says (in all caps):

"On December 24th, 1996, Nicola Salmoria began working on his single hardware emulators, which he then merged into one program during January 1997. He named the accomplishment by the name of Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, or MAME for short.

The first official release was MAME 0.1, which was released on the evening of February 5th, 1997. Using a modular and portable driver oriented architecture with an open source philosophy, it soon grew into immense proportions. The current version supports 3792 ROM sets, 2171 unique games.
"

(Note: I can't read the actual number of ROM sets and unique games, but these would be the correct numbers today.)

His bottom right card says (again in all caps):

"MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. When used in conjunction with a game's data files (ROMs), MAME will more or less faithfully reproduce that game on a PC. MAME can currently emulate over 1900 unique (and over 3300 in total) classic arcade video games from the three decades of video games - '70s, '80s and '90s.

The ROM images that MAME utilizes are "dumped" from arcade games' original circuit-board ROM chips. MAME becomes the "hardware" for the games, taking the place of their original CPUs and support chips. Therefore, these games are NOT simulations, but the actual, original games that appeared in arcades.

MAME's purpose is to preserve these decades of video-game history. As gaming technology continues to rush forward, MAME prevents these important "vintage" games from being lost and forgotten.
"

I'm having a little more trouble reading the center card, so there will be some gaps here...

"#1 Dedicated four-way directional joystick specifically included for classic games such as Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, etc.

#2 Eight way rotary joysticks which are compatible with all eight way directional  games, as well as all rotary joysticks and spinner games such as Ikari Warriors, Discs of Tron, Time Soldiers, etc.

Classic two button arcade button group for older games such as Defender,
(can't read) (can't read), (can't read), etc.

(Can't read) seven button arcade button group designed to be compatible with all current arcade (can't read) (can't read) Capcom, SNK and (can't read) fighting games."

--Chris

« Last Edit: March 10, 2003, 09:25:53 am by Chris »
--Chris