Main > Consoles

Must have Dreamcast and PSOne games

<< < (2/17) > >>

horseboy:
Wow, Hellfromabove, I take it you are a fan of the fighters? It is truly a travesty that I left Jet Grind Radio and Space Channel 5 off of my list. Those games are sweet. Seaman is pretty sweet as well. It is really more of a novelty to show off to your friends. Seaman is pretty funny. I just ended up getting way too impatient, and I set down one day and kept rolling the DC's internal clock forward so he would grow a lot faster.

Hellfromabove:
Yeah, I actually play fighters professionaly. I have a team and I'm the team captain. Next to SNES, DC has to be the best system out there. Yeah, Gen and Saturn were awesome but DC... WOW!!! I was so sad when I heard they were going to stop making it. Thanx.

-See Ya!!!

P.S.: Where the smurf is my Shenmue 3!!!!!! :soapbox: :hissy: :soapbox:

horseboy:

--- Quote from: Hellfromabove on June 22, 2006, 05:10:45 pm ---Yeah, I actually play fighters professionaly. I have a team and I'm the team captain.

--- End quote ---

Ok, so how exactly does that work? I have seen it a little on tv, but it was always FPS or Starcraft or something like that. Do you just go places and enter tournaments. How many tournaments are there? How often? Just wondering.

Hellfromabove:
It depends, tournaments are thrown randomly here and there but the main big ones in like the East and West coast are announced like 3 moths prior the event. Usually, on weekends, my friends and I get together and we practice multiple games at a time. We either do it at eachothers house or at the local arcade called Family Fun Arcade. This arcarde is known in the fighting game scene for like the best in the US. If you want to learn Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, this is the place to go. Apart from Japan the guys here are the best. Me and my crew are then like the top in Marvel 2 ;D . We've been practicing our butts off because the world tournament is coming up in Vegas this August. If you want to learn more the best place to learn about competitive fighting is at www.shoryuken.com . That's like the main hangout and match making place for fighting gamers. Thanx.

-See Ya!!!

SNAAKE:
ps1 :
metal gear solid
r type delta
ape escape
resident evil 1
syphon filter 1 and 2(AWSOMENESS) and 3 was eh
tony hawks pro skater 1 and 2
dino crisis 2

dreamcast - most hellfromabove mentioned and more :
resident evil 2 and 3 (MUST MUST MUST)
confidentional mission(gun)
virtua striker 2 (awsome arcade style soccer)
street fighter 3 double impact (first and second version of sf3 together)
house of the dead 2 (gun)
under defeat (vertical shooter)

these are the must have I can think of for now

--- Quote from: Zapatistab on June 21, 2006, 06:51:25 pm ---

Syphon Filter was also a sleeper hit for the PS1. But avoid Syphon Filter 2 & 3. Not anywhere near as good as the 1st one.

--- End quote ---

WHAT ?!?!?

2 is just AS GOOD as 1 if not better. I personally liked 2 better because it was longer(2 cd),better weapons,music,etc. I will agree about 3 though..it was rushed and the "coolness" wasnt there.

--- Quote from: horseboy on June 22, 2006, 05:33:43 pm ---

Ok, so how exactly does that work? I have seen it a little on tv, but it was always FPS or Starcraft or something like that. Do you just go places and enter tournaments. How many tournaments are there? How often? Just wondering.

--- End quote ---

tournaments are held randomly at either arcades or console gathering. major tournies like ECC and EVO can have players anywhere from 100-200 per game and there are people coming from all over the country AND from japan,canada to compete. This years evo is supposed to have a grand price of $5k per game and a car I think.

there are online tourments through kaillera(online mame) and xbox live too but you dont really win anything other than pride and you get to make fun of everyone you beat :laugh2:
I've won various online tourments before. like 5 street fighter tournies on A@H.com(pop up land) and I won random capcom vs snk 2 tourny on shoryuken.com.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version