Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Would like to start a page for Good venders, links and reviews  (Read 21442 times)

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: Would like to start a page for Good venders, links and reviews
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 09:13:47 am »
Hey Space Fractal, I have to run to work. I will catch up with you a little bit later.

See you  :D. Hope you can fix it, because it looked fine in my Firefox, so you may use a older version of Firefox? So I would NOT revert again.

I really love your table, should just have seen in Firefox first! Good work (80% is a GOOD width)!

It was a silly one tag missed: You forgot to add  <br style="clear:both;"/> between tables. Now it works as you would have it. I do not know it a error in IE or FF.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:07:58 am by Space Fractal / Denmark »
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Buddabing

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2015, 02:51:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 12:07:27 pm »
Do you guys want me to correct your spelling mistakes in your reviews? Normally I would prefer to leave review text totally untouched, but I thought I'd ask.
I have changed my nickname to "Cakemeister". Please do not PM the Buddabing account because I do not check it anymore.

Please read the wiki!

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2020, 05:00:22 pm
  • Even Jesus loves Donkey Kong!
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 12:35:28 pm »
Looks good. Thanks. Sorry, I just went in this morning and knew it looked last night and when I looked at it this morning it was all squished like a table got broke. That is why I reverted back. I just looked with both IE and FF on a mac (office e-mail machine) and will check tonight when I get home. (pc)

I had put several spaces between the top of the template and where the user would start to input his or her data. I did it so it would be easy to see where to start.

any thoughts?
M    Y    X

BLACKOUT  - Finally rewritten - http://blog.myxdigital.com/
Original BLACKOUT thread - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48239.0

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 02:03:20 pm »
Sorry, I probably have too many balls in the air. 3 simultanious edits at work, trying to learn wiki, trying to build my cab... I wish there was a spell check in the wiki. I will try to check the stuff before I submit more stuff. Yes, if you see a mis spelling or typo, please do. I would not police it to hunt for errors, you have enough to do.

Space Fractal, what does the <br style="clear:both;"/> do. I did not see this in the stuff I was reading.
I have not seen a command with the / at the end of the tag.
M    Y    X

Original BLACKOUT thread - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48239.0

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2006, 03:39:58 pm »
It breakout tables and images, so it dosent align to the right. When you use this tag, it breaked completly out and start a new line.

It was rarly used in the software section (so the images dosent ---fudgesicle--- up). Use allways that tag for making new tables

Spelling and grammer should ALLways corrected, so it ok to correct this type of error,even it on other review.

I think the ArcadeShop Amusements now look very good. Only problem is I can

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 05:26:26 pm »
I updated all Part Vendor Reviews with new templates. I added some spacer lines to the templates as it was getting hard to see where to cut and paste. Too many little black letters all over the place.  ;)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 08:39:02 pm by MYX »
M    Y    X

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2006, 05:41:30 pm »
Even they have space or nospace, it was not really distrupt me. Good work!

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2007, 10:01:03 am »
Dude!!!! Are you kidding. That was the point.
Bob Roberts rocks!!!
You have to also allow a certain amount of slack for personality here. If you want a space with all sharp corners and straight lines then go and live in a box. There are many great personalities writing on the BYOAC wiki that can write in a way that is enjoyable to read. I personally would not want to read an entire page of stereo instructions. It would be dull and boring. Yes 11 dooes go above the 1-10 rating. It was intentional. Bob would get a 10. I was going overboard because Bob has gone way beyond as well. This is a guy who was not just doing a "job". He loved what he did and still seems to even though he has retired. I do not think that anyone else on the list would get an 11. Bob gets an 11. That is unless Ken Layton got a web site. 

Bob Roberts shouldn't get a 10 because he doesn't accept Paypal and Credit Cards, which makes it virtualy impossible to order from outside of the US.
And he sells the Chinese Wico fakes which are junk (even the junk leaf switches that are used in those joysticks are available seperatly. Someone with the experience of Bob should know better.

I'm sure Bob is a great guy, has fantastic stuff on stock and great service. His information on his site is great and I deeply respect that he goes on after his retirement. But please, be a little bit more open to international buyers if you want that 11.

I'm sure I will get flamed for this, but this is my opinion.

By the way, I've added some info about Suzo not all the original info is correct about them.
Also added Zanen Electronics (with e-mail address !) and TNT Amusements.

Hope I kept to the standards...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 10:11:32 am by Level42 »

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 01:02:45 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2007, 10:24:38 am »
Bob Roberts shouldn't get a 10 because he doesn't accept Paypal and Credit Cards, which makes it virtualy impossible to order from outside of the US.
And he sells the Chinese Wico fakes which are junk (even the junk leaf switches that are used in those joysticks are available seperatly. Someone with the experience of Bob should know better.

I'm sure Bob is a great guy, has fantastic stuff on stock and great service. His information on his site is great and I deeply respect that he goes on after his retirement. But please, be a little bit more open to international buyers if you want that 11.

I'm sure I will get flamed for this, but this is my opinion.

Isn't that the entire point of the review process ?

The user tells of their own experiences with a vendor. It isn't up to ME to anticipate YOUR difficulties with a particular vendor when reviewing MY experience.

As for those sticks, he was deluged with requests for a leaf stick and eventually gave in (he even says that in his item description, IIRC).

He is an 11 for me and I am outside of the US.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 10:31:35 am by CheffoJeffo »
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

JONTHEBOMB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:08:18 am
  • BOOM!!!!
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2007, 01:51:03 am »
I added Divemaster127 to the vendors list.  Also, I created a review for Divemaster127 and Ponyboy.  I'll do a few more reviews later.  I hope I didn't mess anything up.  Please feel free to change anything that I didn't do right. 

One thing that has been bugging me about the Wiki for a while now is there is no sound section.  We give no info on stuff like hooking a computer to car speakers or anything involving sound.  If I had the time I would immediately learn Wiki and get to work on a sound section, but unfortunately I don't and would like to see something on it.

The Wiki looks awesome guys!  I haven't looked at the Wiki for several months.  Keep up the great work!

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2007, 10:33:07 pm »
I added Divemaster127 to the vendors list.  Also, I created a review for Divemaster127 and Ponyboy.  I'll do a few more reviews later.  I hope I didn't mess anything up.  Please feel free to change anything that I didn't do right. 

One thing that has been bugging me about the Wiki for a while now is there is no sound section.  We give no info on stuff like hooking a computer to car speakers or anything involving sound.  If I had the time I would immediately learn Wiki and get to work on a sound section, but unfortunately I don't and would like to see something on it.

The Wiki looks awesome guys!  I haven't looked at the Wiki for several months.  Keep up the great work!
Good point. I am knee deep in a project right now. When I am done I will have more time to devote to the Wiki. When I built my cab I did use an audio amp with car speakers run off an aux PC power supply. It would make a great set o pix for the tutorial. I'll put it on my mountain of stuff to get done. :0)
M    Y    X