Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 4351 times)

arcade_pcb_junkie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2006, 07:18:31 pm
Some suggestions
« on: June 16, 2006, 03:10:16 am »
Great program I'm loving it. Nice and easy to use but would recommend following changes;

1) when screensaver is showing currently playing cover art allow it to update when that song is over. Currently this is not happing. Also add a  little more to it like flying music notes in the background and the CD Cover art in the foreground

2) Allow the ability to remove the jump,search and other buttons and allow for just the left/right arrow. and include a slider to make it easier to goto songs starting with "insert letter here"

3) Remove the CD # from above the track list and let it display the album name only.(great for the touchscreen users)

4) Instead of trying to list all songs, just show like first 12 and have an option to "show more tracks"

5)When in displaying full screen for one cd allow for a "More from artist" makes it easier to locate a song by a specific band when I don't allways no which albulm the song is on

6) Allow for video play option

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:58:32 am »
Thanks for the suggestions.

1) This is working fine here.  When the next song starts, it displays the album art for the currently playing song.

2) I'll keep the removal of buttons in mind, but the slider may not happen at this stage.

3) Again, I'll see what I can do here.

4) I guess I could do this, just not sure why this would be needed?

5) If the albums are sorted by artist, you should be able to scroll left/right to the next album when in full view.  Else there is the Find functionality to check where a particular song is.

6) Video is not something I see being added any time soon.  The program is written around a sound playing engine, so adding video means I would have to keep track of seperate sound and video engines simultaneously, which would add a huge degree of complication to what I currently do.

arcade_pcb_junkie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2006, 07:18:31 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 03:08:47 am »
Let me clarifiy on a few;

1) This is not working with my PC. Maybe I need to go in and make a few changes. "Big Blue" is pretty old so it may just be my machine or settings.

2) This would be nice to allow a cleaner/professional look

3) see #2

4) I've disabled all the scroll bars so when it lists the cd's content it doesn't look good. At the bottom it cuts the text in half horizontally. This function gives a cleaner overall look to the program

5) Kinda gives a professional/clean look. Lets say for instance you have "KISS" pulled up. You have the main CD art on the left, Track list in the middle and then on the right you have the other CD's cover on the left to choose from. again it's more of a cleaner/professional look

6) This is a cool feature to have but also not the most important. First round of beers is on me when this gets put into the program

kevink

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2006, 06:33:38 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 06:51:33 pm »
I was thinking you could probably adjust your font size a little bit to help you with the problem of cutting track names in half.  Screensaver works flawlessly for me on two Win 2k machines.  I don't use a touchscreen so I have no input on that.  As for video, Salmon King has pretty much stated he didn't want to get into this in a couple of threads I believe, you might have to get over it.  I think this program is great just the way it is.  I guess you can't always please everybody.