Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WG D9100 -- anybody used? experiences? questions..  (Read 3563 times)

k-spiff

• Trade Count: (0)
WG D9100 -- anybody used? experiences? questions..
« on: April 05, 2002, 11:34:43 am »
Has anyone tried using a Wells Gardner D9100 for their project?  I'm looking for something akin to a PC monitor sans casing and front controls, and this seems to be it.. something that will look nice with PC games as well as ArcadeOS..

I'll probably e-mail Wells Gardner for my more technical questions, but I have one non-technical question: can anyone tell me if this monitor has some kind of natural scanline effect or if it's more like a PC monitor?  In my case, I would rather it had no natural scanlines for nicer image quality in PC games (fake scanline effects are good enough for me).. the dot pitch seems to indicate it does..

Also on the less technical side, the website's pics are kind of low-res.. I can't tell if there's a substantial mounting area that might allow me to put one in as rotatable..  ???

Any help would be appreciated, though I figure I'll have to call WG for help on non-U3100 monitors..  :'(

k-spiff
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Vectoraster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2020, 12:55:33 pm
  • You *are* starting to annoy me.
    • The VectoRaster Network
Re: WG D9100 -- anybody used? experiences? questio
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2002, 12:36:59 pm »
Don't you mean the 27" D9200?  In terms of resolution, it's somewhere between a PC monitor and arcade monitor.  The U3100 has a traditional scanline effect whereas the D9200 does not.  But it does not have the crispy-cartoonish effect that a PC monitor has when playing emulator games.  Most gamers love that though because the D9200's very slight blur is more accurate against the real arcade effect.  I run mine in 640x480 VGA although it will accept 800x600.

Rotating it is not a good idea for 2 reasons.  First it weighs about 100 pounds.  Second the gauss effect will eat your lunch.  In  fact, I opted for the D9200 to save me from rotating.  The dimensions give you full vertical size you're used to seeing on 19" vertical monitors.  The monitor works good with Advancemame.

Get it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »