Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Spreading the word of Powermame  (Read 13264 times)

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
Spreading the word of Powermame
« on: June 06, 2006, 04:42:43 am »
I was just over at www.mameworld.net, and I think powermame would be a great addition to their front page.  In looking for fellow developers Mike, that might just be a place that could help.  Also, I don't think Retro James has a review of it yet, if he would be willing to promote your efforts on his site a little and mention looking for developers, it may grab the attention of someone out there.  Just a couple thoughts.

Tiger-Heli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
Re: Spreading the word of Powermame
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:38:53 am »
I posted an announcement in the MW forums about 3 months ago, hoping to get a main page announcement about it.

It generated a lot more smoke than heat with the MAMEdevs arguing about who approved it, and whether MAME should stay open-source, etc., but nothing happened on the main page.

Then, again, I think KC was pretty much AWOL from the scene at that time, and he seems to be active again now, so I can post again if you want me to.
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

juggle50

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2022, 02:46:08 pm
  • Your either on the bus or off the bus
Re: Spreading the word of Powermame
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 10:10:41 am »
Now, I know nothing about builds etc. so this suggestion may be totally idiotic.  But what about merging PowerMAME with something like MAME PLUS.  I don't even no if that is possible or if the Mame Plus devs would be interested, but it seems to be right up their ally.