Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Graphic/playback bug?  (Read 2594 times)

Zakk

• Gosh, that's a real nice... ooh look, a penny! -- That Zakk is Just Mean
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 11:28:46 am
Graphic/playback bug?
« on: May 22, 2006, 12:32:57 pm »
I've only spent about an hour on this so far (with some help from Drew), but I can't seem to get rid of one 'bug'.  In Album cover view, when scrolling to the next 4 albums, the music often skips.  System is an AMD 64 3200+ with 1 gig RAM, and I've tried setting the picture cache up as high as 500, and still the problem persists.  Any ideas? :)
Back for nostalgia, based on nostalgia.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Graphic/playback bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 12:51:45 pm »
Possibly a bug in my animation... have you tried disabling the animation in jukebox.ini?

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 01:45:03 pm »
Hmmm, the setting

AnimationSpeed = 0

In the ini doesn't seem to disable animations, if the side scrolling of the images is the animation we are talking about? 

Different directions on the page buttons at the bottom produce the worse skips, eg ahead a page of album covers, then back.  I might add this is still with the default .jpg in the almbum windows.  (I haven't gotten any album images to show up yet, but that's the next hurdle :))

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 01:53:31 pm »
It has to be an animation bug if it's still showing only the default album cover.  Setting the speed to 0 isn't disabling the side scrolling?  Odd.

You can go into the skin file you're using and change Animation=SlideHorizontal to Animation=None; that should also kill the animation.  Does that help?

--Chris
--Chris

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 02:54:27 pm »
Yep, that took care of the skipping.  Too bad, I did like the animation, but still, totally acceptable.

I think I've figured out the album art too, the downloader I was using saved everything as a .png not a .jpg

So now I wonder, is there a good way to separate 1000's of songs into album subdirectories?  Up to this point, most of my music files have been all lumped together in one HUUUGE dir, and as I understand, it would be better if I put albums in their own dirs, I'm just not looking forward to doing it all manually :)

This is a pretty slick jukebox frontend however...and it even has support for touchscreen I think Dew said?  Wow, it's definitely worth the extra effort switching over from AJ8!!

Thanks for the help so far, sorry to be a bother!

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 08:13:52 pm »
Yep, that took care of the skipping.  Too bad, I did like the animation, but still, totally acceptable.
Odd that a system so powerful would exhibit skipping like that.  I need to go through that section and see if I have a test reversed or something.

I think I've figured out the album art too, the downloader I was using saved everything as a .png not a .jpg

I really need to add .png support... I'll try to get it in next version.

So now I wonder, is there a good way to separate 1000's of songs into album subdirectories?  Up to this point, most of my music files have been all lumped together in one HUUUGE dir, and as I understand, it would be better if I put albums in their own dirs, I'm just not looking forward to doing it all manually :)

Ouch.  This woud be fine for the classic mode, but for album mode it's a killer; I can't think of how to find the album art this way...

How are you naming all those album covers you've downloaded, and where are they?

This is a pretty slick jukebox frontend however...and it even has support for touchscreen I think Dew said? 

Touchscreen support is available in DOS and Windows XP.  It is not available in Windows 95, 98, or ME.  I do not know if it works in 2000 or not.

Thanks for the help so far, sorry to be a bother!
No bother at all!

--Chris
--Chris

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 11:01:25 am »
No worries about the .png support, jpgs are probably better to have in the long run.

I've started the long task of splitting the albums into directories, with the album art named folder.jpg

Now I have noticed that the jukebox will sometimes split the files again into albums, in the GUI.  For example, I might have 10 songs in an album directory, but when it comes up in the jukebox, it notices that one song is from another album, and places it on its own, with the same album art.  Does it get that from teh ID tags?  I ask because I might have a bunch of songs from one artist, but only a couple of songs from each album they made...if I lump them into a directory called 'greatest hits', I wouldn't want it to split it into 6 albums in the GUI (although it is a nice feature).  If I use a proggy like shuffleplay to rename the 'album' tags to 'Greatest Hits', would that do it?

As for touchscreen support, I'm sure DOS or XP would be fine if I ever get this done and build a nice juke for out by the pool!! :)

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 07:53:45 pm »
Now I have noticed that the jukebox will sometimes split the files again into albums, in the GUI.  For example, I might have 10 songs in an album directory, but when it comes up in the jukebox, it notices that one song is from another album, and places it on its own, with the same album art.  Does it get that from teh ID tags?
Yes.  The wording of the album name isn't identical to the others on the odd one out.

I ask because I might have a bunch of songs from one artist, but only a couple of songs from each album they made...if I lump them into a directory called 'greatest hits', I wouldn't want it to split it into 6 albums in the GUI (although it is a nice feature).  If I use a proggy like shuffleplay to rename the 'album' tags to 'Greatest Hits', would that do it?

"Greatest Hits" is handled special.  When it sees a "Greatest Hits" album, it uses both the artist AND album name to create the GUI albums, but this behavior can be disabled.

--Chris

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 09:41:35 pm »
Ah, cool.  I have ever so slowly been going through close to 10,000 songs (literally!) and working with the ID tags.  Not to mention the time spent looking for the album art.  I figure it will be worth it when I get around to getting an iPod, and eventually doing up the juke.  Now to look into prices on touchscreens!!!