Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How does ipac work for fighting games?  (Read 1991 times)

Drew

• Trade Count: (0)
How does ipac work for fighting games?
« on: April 09, 2002, 10:01:00 am »
I am thinking about building a cab (still working out the details and researching, I don't want to find out some horrible thing that ruins my box when it is finished).

I was wondering how the ipac works on games like street fighter, mortal kombat, and marvel vs. capcom? If possible include two player.

In particular I was wondering how they work on special moves and things of that nature (i.e. are they easy to perform without hangups because of mame or things like that?).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re: How does ipac work for fighting games?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 10:07:27 am »
what it was designed for..  and it works perfectly!

you can press all the buttons at one time and then release any of them... ie all buttons are treated as a single unit that is seperate from all the others (not like most keyboards).

I dont think mame has any trouble either.  I have never found a move I coudln't do in mame.  Zang spin is no trouble at all even with 2 players.

btw, don't make a 1 player cabinet / controls if you like fighting games.  You HAVE to beat your friends down!

phantompower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2021, 10:25:43 am
  • The Game is NOT Over!!
    • MameStation
Re: How does ipac work for fighting games?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 04:34:39 pm »
I also would like to send a vote of confidence for the IPac.  I primarily play fighting games and the combos, etc, work as they are supposed to.

Just my .02.  The competition sticks really mike a nice difference as well.

Chuck