Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Zombie Raid!  (Read 2629 times)

Hudson187

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2013, 10:05:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Zombie Raid!
« on: May 14, 2006, 10:54:49 pm »
Hi all! I just finally got around to installing my LCD topgun (i used the new ems driver and software; it works great!) and im having some trouble with zombie raid. I cant seem to get the game to save the in-game cailbration. Once I get it calibrated and play, it works great until I exit the game and go back into it, then the default calibration kicks back. I think im not saving the nvram correctly, but cant seem to figure out how to save it. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!!!

Pi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2007, 03:46:13 am
  • From Jupiter with pride
    • CAESAR
Re: Zombie Raid!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 03:24:35 am »
NVRAM is saved automatically. Be sure that the following requirements are met:
* You have your nvram_directory in mame.ini pointing to a folder called "nvram".
* Such folder "nvram" exists, and it's not write protected.
* If you have any file called zombraid.nv, delete it before trying again, as well as cfg/zombraid.cfg if it exist.

It's not a requirement that the folder is called "nvram", but if you change it, be sure to change the mame.ini setting.
Pictures in the dark I see - Morpheus comes to me.

Hudson187

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 07:22:12 am »
I figured it had something to do with nvram, so I did check the dir already. Its set correctly and I have other nv files for other games. Its not saving one for zombieraid!

Hudson187

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 07:48:03 pm »
I checked again. The nvram folder was not write protected. Ive been trying for the past 20 minutes and it still wont save any nv ram file. Any other ideas?

Pi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2007, 03:46:13 am
  • From Jupiter with pride
    • CAESAR
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 04:22:43 am »
Actually I'm out of ideas, so unless it's a MAME bug, I'm blank. I don't even have the game to test it.
Pictures in the dark I see - Morpheus comes to me.

Hudson187

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 07:27:15 am »
Im thinking it might be a bug; other games will save a nvram if necesary (sp). Im going to up my mame ver and see if that works tonight (im running like .101 or something like that). Thanks for your help!

Cananas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2017, 07:39:03 am
  • and the seventh day... PacMan was created
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 11:19:13 am »
Im thinking it might be a bug; other games will save a nvram if necesary (sp). Im going to up my mame ver and see if that works tonight (im running like .101 or something like that). Thanks for your help!

Be careful when you update. If you install Mame 104u5 (new rawmouse driver to support more than one mice at the same time) and above, your EMS driver and software will not work in Mame.

If you want to update to the last version of Mame (v106), the ONLY driver that works is the SMOG driver. There are some issues with this driver and Windows 98, but if you have windows XP, the last beta version is very stable.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 11:22:12 am by Cananas »

Hudson187

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 10:01:45 pm »
Still didnt work! Can someone please post the config file for it for a system configured with LCD Topgun? Thanks!