Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wico Balltop and P360 Shaft side by side  (Read 2811 times)

Luckydevil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2007, 01:38:45 pm
  • mmmm.... kilowatts.
    • Garage Junkies
Wico Balltop and P360 Shaft side by side
« on: May 13, 2006, 01:53:49 am »
Thanks to ponyboy for hooking it up with the 4" Wico Balltops.  :cheers:

I got the light blue balltops and dyed them black with Rit Dye. They came out VERY good. I used the black liquid Rit Dye and poured half the bottle into a small pot with enough water added to cover the balltops. The dye does not dye the metal. It leaves a film on the chrome, but it just wipes right off. I just used some fishing line and hung them so they were not touching the bottom of the pot, but the balltops were completely covered. In about 5 minutes of boiling they were as dark as they were going to get. Then just rinsed them off with cool water and they were good to go. They came out so good they look like they were originally black balltops.

Here are some pics of the two shafts side by side and with a ruler. The Wico shaft dropped right into my joystick and no spacers (washers) were needed at all, perfect fit in every way. My CP is recessed from underneath for the P360's though, so I'm not sure if that is why I didn't need spacers and I've read that others did. The only problem is that the P360 dust washers are too big for the wico's. Not too bad, but it is noticeable.

Overall I love the Wico balltops in my P360's, they just feel better all the way around.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 01:58:04 am by Luckydevil »

horseboy

• Only Saint has those powers.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2021, 02:19:14 pm
  • With my last breath, I curse Zoidberg!
Re: Wico Balltop and P360 Shaft side by side
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 02:06:57 am »
Thanks for the info. I was definitely interested in dying a couple of these sticks. I was worried about the metal dying. Not any longer, though

Quote from: saint
saint is all powerful.

Apparently he is.

Vebbo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2015, 01:35:18 pm
    • Overaged Lucky Drivers
Re: Wico Balltop and P360 Shaft side by side
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 05:30:32 pm »
Ohhh, elegant way to obtain a black finish on those wico balltops :D I just got 3 wico balltops 4" from ebay (2 light blue and 1 purple) I'm gonna try to make those light blue black. Does anybody think i will manage to dye the purple one to red with red dye?
Vebbo
I was elected to lead, not to read!

Vebbo turning x-men cab to custom 1942 cab