Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dedicated JB with SK Key Layout  (Read 8764 times)

acejas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2021, 06:15:55 pm
Dedicated JB with SK Key Layout
« on: May 11, 2006, 07:25:05 am »
What a mouthful.
Great piece of SW SK!!
Ok im planning on buying the mameroom plans and I cant see what buttons they have (left & right). Im having buttons only. No joystick, no mouse, no keyboard.

Anyway my question is: What do decdicated SK JB'ers out there use for button layout?
More precisely I know I want left and right arrow plus digits. How would I access teh menu to find an artist.
I have over 300gb of music so as nice as arrowing thru....the first thing I woudl ask would be ...how can i find an artist or title?

Any feedback on what users have or ideas would be excellent

cheers

kevink

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2006, 06:33:38 pm
Re: Dedicated JB with SK Key Layout
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 10:14:31 am »
I use 16 buttons in my juke.  4 direction - up, down, left, and right.  10 numeric 0-9. 1 enter  and 1 random.  It works pretty well for me.  I didn't have room for any more buttons.  When I have to scroll through a large album it can be a pain because it goes back to 4 album view too fast, but SK  has plans I believe to change that in a future release.  The only other thing is you have too punch in a number to use the up and down arrows to get focus on the album list and use an enter key to select the song.  Sk had also mentioned adding an option to set focus on the first song in an album list when you enter single album view, but I don't know if he has given it much more thought.  Otherwise, I am happy with my setup, and this excellent program.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 10:45:13 am »
When I have to scroll through a large album it can be a pain because it goes back to 4 album view too fast, but SK  has plans I believe to change that in a future release.  The only other thing is you have too punch in a number to use the up and down arrows to get focus on the album list and use an enter key to select the song.  Sk had also mentioned adding an option to set focus on the first song in an album list when you enter single album view, but I don't know if he has given it much more thought.

Yeah, both of these things will be addressed in a later version.  I will give you the option to not go back to 4 album view after x seconds, and also give you the ability to change the amount of time before it goes back (currently 10 seconds, IIRC).  I started adding the focus option, so that's a WIP too.  Only problem I came up with was if Mouse Support was turned off, it crashes the program....other than that it seemed to work well.

acejas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2021, 06:15:55 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 08:17:49 pm »
Great

Just the info I was after!! :)

Thanks

MPTech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2023, 06:13:37 pm
  • UltimateArcade completed!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 04:49:48 pm »
I'm interested in the same thing.

Any PICs?
MPTech
   Better living thru technology!   ;-)

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 05:13:37 pm »
SK Good to see you still around.   Keep up the good work.

BobA

MPTech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2023, 06:13:37 pm
  • UltimateArcade completed!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 11:48:19 pm »
Kevink, can you post a pic of your CP?
MPTech
   Better living thru technology!   ;-)