Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tab key problem....  (Read 4649 times)

allroy1975

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2023, 08:51:48 pm
  • I'm a dork!
    • Matt's Mame
Tab key problem....
« on: May 06, 2006, 08:26:02 pm »
This seems really strange to me and I'm sure it's just a problem with this 1 key....

The problem roots from the fact that I bought a Keywiz Econo and just soldiered all the buttons to anything.  Didn't really pay attention to what I was wiring to. 

I apparently set the Tab key to the clear button.  So I go into the skjuke options screen, do a key remap, and set the clear list button to (at this point I hit the button and it says "Tab") Tab.  Then when I'm in the main menu, I queue a bunch of songs up and hit clear, and it tabs around through the different albums.  Strange huh?

so basicly if you set the clear list to tab, it won't clear the list, it'll tab. DAMN.  :)

in other apps this button tabs.

Thanks
Allroy
They have the FAST Ms. Pac-Man!  MOM!  Can I have a quarter!??

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: Tab key problem....
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 09:12:48 pm »
hmmmmm....yeah, Tab won't work too well in there.  I don't have a great deal of control over how that key acts in the program, unfortunatly, it just does what it wants realy.  You could try turning off Mouse Support in the options screen, that MAY help, as it will 'disable' most of the screen, therefore taking away anything for the program to Tab to.

If this doesn't work, I'll have to disallow Tab from being an allowable key to map to.

allroy1975

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a dork!
    • Matt's Mame
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 11:18:06 pm »
yeah, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  awesome as always. 

it sucks because my dad went ahead and caulked the jukebox and painted it, now it's a pain in the butt to get in there and work on anything.  I guess I'll have to de-soldier that one and put it someplace else. 

Still a kick ass program.  I just wish there was a way to disable the "tabbing" feature in the program....but you've done so much, and I'm the only one with this workaroud-able problem.  I'll take matters into my own hands.  :)

Thanks a lot for looking though.  :)

Allroy

allroy1975

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a dork!
    • Matt's Mame
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:43:16 am »
hey!  good news!  since all we use the PC for IS the jukebox, we don't need the Tab key to really do anything.

I got this program KeyTweak and re-mapped the Tab key to another unused key- Y in my case.  Then I set the clear button to Y and now, we hit that button (Tab) and it converts it to Y and SKJuke sees the Y and clears the que!!!

awesome.  Just in case anyone else runs into such a problem.  That program is super easy to use. 

Enjoy and thanks again for getting back to me so quickly SK.  :D

Allroy

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 10:49:34 am »
hey!  good news!  since all we use the PC for IS the jukebox, we don't need the Tab key to really do anything.

I got this program KeyTweak and re-mapped the Tab key to another unused key- Y in my case.  Then I set the clear button to Y and now, we hit that button (Tab) and it converts it to Y and SKJuke sees the Y and clears the que!!!

awesome.  Just in case anyone else runs into such a problem.  That program is super easy to use. 

Enjoy and thanks again for getting back to me so quickly SK.  :D

Allroy

Nice find, glad you got it sorted!!   :D