Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Party-Box...Countertop cab w/ laptop & flat screen  (Read 73638 times)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
Re: Party-Box...Countertop cab w/ laptop & flat screen
« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2007, 02:30:37 pm »
Ahh... I just love seeing this cab on the front page. Nice bump!  :)

theCoder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2010, 10:48:47 pm
  • I'll clean up my mess, Honey, when I'm done...
« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2007, 11:29:02 pm »
Just stumbled across this cabinet last night. This is one the sleekest things I've seen in a long time. I'm very inspired by the design and can't wait to start yet another cab myself! It takes a lot of planning for something like this. Great job and thanks for sharing the progress!

Thanks.  I wasn't necessarily going for sleek, just something different and mobile.  I haven't played that thing in about a month.  My current project is operational and I'm spending way too much time playing it instead of finishing it off.  For those that missed it, I wrapped up this blog, dropped a lot of the dialog, and packaged it up in a cool website presentation at:

http://home.comcast.net/~larmead/partybox/

Here's a picture of the completed project.  Has it been that long?  Thanks for the bump.

amadama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2019, 04:44:52 pm
« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2007, 11:44:10 pm »
What a beautiful little cab!
Great job! This really motivates me to get my butt in gear and do something nice!
Alex

Kaytrim

• I'm too nice a guy
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2015, 04:11:30 pm
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2007, 10:36:14 am »
Just stumbled across this cabinet last night. This is one the sleekest things I've seen in a long time. I'm very inspired by the design and can't wait to start yet another cab myself! It takes a lot of planning for something like this. Great job and thanks for sharing the progress!

Thanks.  I wasn't necessarily going for sleek, just something different and mobile.  I haven't played that thing in about a month.  My current project is operational and I'm spending way too much time playing it instead of finishing it off.  For those that missed it, I wrapped up this blog, dropped a lot of the dialog, and packaged it up in a cool website presentation at:

http://home.comcast.net/~larmead/partybox/

Great site coder.  I might do that with the bartop I just finished.  I would be a nice finishing touch so Dad can see all the work I put into the project. ;D

TTFN :cheers:
Kaytrim

ARTIFACT

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2018, 12:32:23 am
    • ARTIFACT - my scratch designed & built arcade cabinet
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2007, 01:48:06 pm »
i love this party box!

it is very elegant... compact and lght, and yet captures the spirit of the arcades ery well, it seems.

are you using a mame overlay effect to help simulate good ol' CRT sanlines / aspect of the montor? before i got the old tv for my cabinet project, i was quite impressed by how much these improved the feel on the 15 inch LCD I was testing things on.

very inspirational!

Firefly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2010, 09:28:39 pm
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2007, 06:27:43 pm »
Stunning... absolutely stunning...

I live in a flat which really doesn't allow for a full sized cab - this would be perfect... you've given me great inspiration with this effort.  Thank you so much for sharing it.

Cheers

theCoder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2010, 10:48:47 pm
  • I'll clean up my mess, Honey, when I'm done...
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2007, 10:23:05 am »
Thanks for the compliments.  As far as inspiration goes, what comes around goes around.  I've been inspired by a lot of other projects on this site and am glad to give back.

Great site coder.  I might do that with the bartop I just finished.  I would be a nice finishing touch so Dad can see all the work I put into the project. ;D
What I like about doing a post project site is you can cut out a lot of the discussion, jokes, and not-as-valuable photos.  You end up with a concentrated documentary that takes 5-10 minutes to read through.  I'd rather point my friends and relatives to that than a 7 page blog.

...Are you using a Mame overlay effect to help simulate good ol' CRT sanlines / aspect of the montor?
Yes, I've got the scanlines in there.  It really makes it look original.

I live in a flat which really doesn't allow for a full sized cab - this would be perfect...
They definitely don't take up much space which also helps with the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).  Mine is also very portable (29 Pounds / 13 Kilos)  My friend that owns the shop where most of the woodworking took place is having his annual barbecue blowout party next Saturday.  If this year goes anything like last year, it will get quite a workout.

wIrEs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2007, 01:03:58 am
  • Across the wires the electric message came.
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2007, 01:50:07 pm »
theCoder, awesome work.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 12:30:51 pm by wIrEs »