Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Super Pacman to be the next Plug N Play game from Jakks--Update, it's in stores!  (Read 5598 times)

2PacMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2009, 08:33:45 am
  • PacMan collection
The joystick looks pretty cool, neat idea with the pacman head.  Hope the gameplay is good....that's the question.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 08:36:24 am by 2PacMan »

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
Re: Super Pacman to be the next Plug N Play game from Jakks
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 02:26:45 pm »
I gotta hand it to those Jakks designers, they know how to appeal to us! That pacman joystick knob... BRILLIANT!  Now everyone on BYOAC will want joystick shafts with balls like that!

And look at the side, they have a little mock coin slot and lock! Looks neat. Too bad Super Pac is not a great game. What else comes on this one? (They should fill it with weak sequels, like Hopping Mappy;D )
NO MORE!!

2PacMan

• Offline Offline
  • PacMan collection
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 01:51:08 pm »
I don' t know...i kind of always like Super PacMan.  Maybe it's sentimental (1st arcade game i ever bought)....but also, it was kind of a neat sequel without rehashing the same old pacman formula over and over.  It's better than PacMan Jr at least....those mazes were huge, and the big dots slowed you down so much it made it no fun.

The ball top on that stick is very cool....i'd probably buy one myself for my MAME machine if anyone ever made them for BYOAC.  The article said regular pacman would be on it too along with some other variations of pacman previously unavailable....maybe Pac N Pal??  Maybe speed up pacman/mrs pacman?  With that stick, you could pretty much only put pacman related games on it.

deadkenndys1105

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2012, 03:55:05 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 10:21:13 pm »
I would like a joystick like that and im a bat fan myself.  Super pacman was a bit of a disapontment to me.  I only liked pacman and ms.pacman tho. I love the shape of the super pacman cabnet and the side art is cool.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 10:23:40 pm by deadkenndys1105 »
17 years old and totaly addicted.

missioncontrol

• MC-Retro says Wot!
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 12:53:30 pm
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 11:56:53 pm »
sweet... I allways did like Super Pac-Man... I'm getting this one for sure

grabmyjoystick!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 10:45:52 pm »
 :cheers: well,..that just gives me some more reason to get another hand made cabinet to add to my collection,...check out these two beauties i have,.. file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/AOL%20Downloads/my%20two%20arcades.jpg
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:53:47 pm by grabmyjoystick! »

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 02:00:23 pm »
:cheers: well,..that just gives me some more reason to get another hand made cabinet to add to my collection,...check out these two beauties i have,.. file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/AOL%20Downloads/my%20two%20arcades.jpg

you have to upload the picture for us to actually see it.   You can't link us to a file on your local hard drive.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

grabmyjoystick!

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 02:55:08 pm »
just copy and paste,..and click it to your browser,...that should work,.. :blah:

horseboy

• Only Saint has those powers.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2021, 02:19:14 pm
  • With my last breath, I curse Zoidberg!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 06:53:46 pm »
just copy and paste,..and click it to your browser,...that should work,.. :blah:

No, actually it works on your computer because...it is on your computer. Pointdablame is exactly right.  :blah:

Quote from: saint
saint is all powerful.

Apparently he is.

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 07:51:04 pm »

How does one come to find BYOAC when using AOL?
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

grabmyjoystick!

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 08:22:01 pm »
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\AOL Downloads\my two arcades.jpg...ok guys try this!...heres what i have from a jakks joystick!,...they play great and i had them for over 1yr now,..sturdy pdf,..great paintjob,..and responsive controls,..i would like to see space invaders or pong,...im very happy with my jakks! :cheers:

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 08:33:36 pm »
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\AOL Downloads\my two arcades.jpg...ok guys try this!...heres what i have from a jakks joystick!,...they play great and i had them for over 1yr now,..sturdy pdf,..great paintjob,..and responsive controls,..i would like to see space invaders or pong,...im very happy with my jakks! :cheers:

It's like I've got ESPN or something :dizzy:

What don't you get about "YOU CAN'T USE A FOLDER ON YOUR PC AND EXPECT US TO SEE YOUR PICTURE"?

Hit "reply", and click "Additional Options", Nostril-damus.  There, you'll find out how to attach your pictures.  I know this will be something completely new to you, so here's the additional steps.  Hit the "browse" button. 

If you can't figure it out after all that, then unplug your computer, detach all the wires, and put it out by the curb on trash pick-up day, because you're gonna hurt yourself otherwise.

Wel-come.  Try to pay attention when people give you information like PDB did.  He didn't say what he did because his fingers needed the workout.

You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

deadkenndys1105

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2012, 03:55:05 pm
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 09:43:45 pm »
You have to host the photo on a website like photobucket.com.  I would like to take my earlyer commment about super pacman.  I play that and galiga for hours a day.
17 years old and totaly addicted.

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 10:15:02 pm »
Here is how you post a pic.  This is on my c drive.

Zakk

• Gosh, that's a real nice... ooh look, a penny! -- That Zakk is Just Mean
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:32:21 am
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 10:41:55 pm »
You have to host the photo on a website like photobucket.com.  I would like to take my earlyer commment about super pacman.  I play that and galiga for hours a day.

You can upload them here.  I might add that if you play GalAga for hours a day, you might have once noticed the spelling of the game?
Back for nostalgia, based on nostalgia.

missioncontrol

• MC-Retro says Wot!
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 12:53:30 pm
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 11:13:48 pm »

You can upload them here.  I might add that if you play GalAga for hours a day, you might have once noticed the spelling of the game?

let's first learn how to pronounce it

grabmyjoystick!

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 11:37:28 pm »
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/atari_2006/mytwoarcades.jpg  Ok??...i got the pics now!  My two jakks arcades!>>> drumroll please>>>>....................

grabmyjoystick!

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 11:42:02 pm »
let me try this pic,..it might be somewhat smaller>> http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/atari_2006/mytwoarcades.jpg

horseboy

• Only Saint has those powers.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2021, 02:19:14 pm
  • With my last breath, I curse Zoidberg!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 11:44:10 pm »
Wow, those look pretty darn good my man.

Quote from: saint
saint is all powerful.

Apparently he is.

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 11:55:12 pm »
grabmyjoystick! - don't let em' get to ya on the pic posting thing...most people hose up the "hosting" part of posting a pic. (And I still screw-up making them linkable.) :laugh2:

Nice JAKKS cabinets by the way..... puts my PAC Jakks cab to shame. Mine is not 100% functional. Still trying to get my NTSC to RGB converter working with it to use the original monitor.

........ love the Super Pac JAKKS idea.  Looking forward to that one for sure.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Stingray

• Official Slacker - I promise to try a lot less
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2021, 03:43:54 pm
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 11:47:38 am »
Phaaar owt.

-S
Stingray you magnificent bastard!
This place is dead lately.  Stingray scare everyone off?

Gunstar Hero

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2014, 01:51:17 am
  • Back in action!
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 02:32:00 am »
Those are sweet.

grabmyjoystick!

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 12:47:20 am »
if youre refering to my jakks arcades,..well,..thank you,.. :notworthy:...i like to think of them as my two little minicades,....i can sit down and play,..very comfortable and sturdy,..no problems yet,...Had them for over a year now,... I also scored on 5 cabarets i picked up in long island new york on craigslist,..,..(about 1 hr away from where i live),..for just a measly $125.00 bucks!!! YEP<>>You heard right!,...That comes out to $25.00 for each arcade!! The games are>> LADYBUG, SCRAMBLE, 2x REDCLASH, AND "TANK DEFENDER" BOOTLEG??...(alot like capture the flag) Complete and now working with little effort ,.. That craigslist is such a god-send!,...   I really lucked out on this deal i got!,..THAT WAS THE SCORE OF THE CENTURY!,...I'll post that story up sometime this week with all the pics for you guys to see!,....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 12:55:33 am by grabmyjoystick! »

grabmyjoystick!

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 12:10:26 am »

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/atari_2006/P1010153.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/atari_2006/P1010156.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/atari_2006/P1010155.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/atari_2006/P1010154.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/atari_2006/mytwoarcades.jpg
    Heres the other arcades i got for a "STEAL OF THE CENTURY!" All thanks to craigslist,..i was just browsing around on the web for some arcades to buy as im always looking for a cabaret/mini games for my lounge/guest room,...when LOW AND BEHOLD!!! :o i ran across this ad for some arcade games for $1???   I said to myself,.."This is too good to be true!"...so i gave the guy an email the same day and left him my number,..and within 35 minutes later,..he called my house!...so we  :blah: --and--  :blah: and i wanted to find out some important answers to some questions,..so i asked him,..(take notes when youre buying some games in bulk),..1)Are they complete?..(tank defender is missing just the marquee) bezel i have behind the arcade,..2)Is there any water damage?..(ill get to that later) 3)Are they working?..(only 1 worked--Scramble) others were dead somehow,..4)How many games are you selling? Answer=6!..5)Where are the games located?..in the garage so he says,..(didnt turn out that way),......OK,...let me sum this up in a short story!,...seen the ad,..asked the questions,..and he wanted a total,...He wanted $200.00 bucks ,..so i said ok,..(sight seen only by a couple of pics),...so i didnt really know what i was in for,.. ??? this guy lives in long island,..about 1 hr away from me,..so i called a good friend to bring his small truck and some straps!,..My friend marc and I get there the same day,..a few hours later and i ask the guy,..(get this?...his name is OSAMA!) "hey osama,..where are the games?"..and he says in the backyard,...WHAT???? Backyard?? WTF! :cry: I felt like crying when i found out that they were under some open tent sitting on top of concrete, and had a huge tarp over it,..ok,..this is what he said to me over the phone,..they were in the garage,.and theres 6 machines, and 5 worked, and theres NO water damage,...this is what i got,....a backyard, 5 machines present instead of 6, And just the vaneer/formica was peeling off of them!,..(no damage to the bottom or inside! ;)  So i start pluging them in and nothing to 4 of them except scramble turned on,..at least i have 1 i can use as a example to guide me with the rest since they are all the same cabinets,..But I was pissed as hell to find out that "OSAMA" lied to me!  :hissy:  so i chewed him out for making me come down there to L.I. and spend my hard earned $$$ on this type of  :censored: but i knew that i remembered him saying to me that they were all complete inside!,..so i had hope!  :angel: and chopped him down on the price,..to $100.00 and we went back and forth for about 15 min,..and i finally gave in for $125.00,.. I just saved myself $75.00 bucks,.. :cheers: I went home happy and found out that the power cords on the others were bad so i replaced them and powered up fine!,..a little cleaning,..paint, and a good cleaning on the inside,..there as good as new!,..i came home with SCRAMBLE, (LADYBUG-,currently playing MR DO) i have the board in a box),..2x-REDCLASH,and  TANK DEFENDER--like capture the flag type of game,...thats it!,...all of that for $25.00 a game!,...Look at the pics and tell me what you guys think?..and by the way,..i just wanna know,.."can anyone tell me what kind of cab these are?..

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 11:25:22 am »
Very cool. A great deal. Too bad they are generics. (Still a great deal though).

NO MORE!!

2PacMan

• Offline Offline
  • PacMan collection
Just a quick note....these super pacman jakks games are out in stores now.  I have seen them at Target and Toys R Us.  I got one last night.  It's pretty cool.  It has super pac, pac N pal, pac man plus and pac man.  Excellent choice for games....only adding pac jr would have made it better.