Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PM + MAMEWah + Vert set up + AVGA and Arcade monitor?  (Read 11875 times)

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2020, 05:00:22 pm
  • Even Jesus loves Donkey Kong!
    • MYX Digital Blog
PM + MAMEWah + Vert set up + AVGA and Arcade monitor?
« on: April 23, 2006, 10:36:55 pm »
I am finding MAME32 to be dificult to navigate with windows that are so huge. It is very clunky and not impressive at all to look at. So I am starting to lean towards MAMEWah. I have fiddled with it a little on my desktop (not the cab machine) Before I went and gave myself a headache trying to do something that may not be able to be done (which I always have a knack of doing) Has anyone tried this type of set up (PM + MAMEWah + Vert set up + AVGA and Arcade monitor)? I really need it to be PowerMAME as I am in the process of installing 49 ways +GP Wix 49 MAXs and LED Wizs, so I really want the functionality of PM. Plus all the kewl kids are using it.

And I do not mean to make this a MAMEWah discussion, but, how do you configure for this?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 10:38:32 pm by MYX »
M    Y    X

BLACKOUT  - Finally rewritten - http://blog.myxdigital.com/
Original BLACKOUT thread - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48239.0

southpaw13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2020, 05:11:18 pm
  • Whatever!
Re: PM + MAMEWah + Vert set up + AVGA and Arcade monitor?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 01:45:22 am »
PM works fine with MameWah...
MameWah only works vertically if you use the video card software to rotate the screen (it can do it on it's own like advmenu)

That's all I know...

Southpaw

Hiub1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2011, 11:43:25 am
  • www.sleepyjack.com
Re: PM + MAMEWah + Vert set up + AVGA and Arcade monitor?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 11:44:23 am »
Give this a try. I don't know if you'll also need to rotate the screen using software, but at least you'll get the right vertical resolution. Go into the layout folder that you plan to use, open the .lay file with notepad. The first couple of lines dictate the resolution, refresh rate, and color depth. So if it says something like this:

With 368 being the horizontal res, just flip it so that it matches this

And that should display the correct resolution!