Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SK Jukebox Causing Error in Shell32.dll *** HELP ! ***  (Read 5020 times)

digitaldj

• Trade Count: (0)
SK Jukebox Causing Error in Shell32.dll *** HELP ! ***
« on: April 17, 2006, 11:04:30 pm »
New Install - when i try to change where my music is located from c:\music folder to anything else when I click add or change I get SX Jukebox has caused an error in shell32.dll. I am using Windows Millenium and had this problem before but was able to get around by putting everything in c:\music folder. I don't want to have to do that this time because my music is on D: drive. I also installed the VB6 runtimes but didn't help. I thought about updating shell32.dll but didn't want to mess anything up!

Can Anyone Help!
Thanks,
Kevin
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:54:13 pm by Jukeman »

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: SK Jukebox Causing Error in Shell32.dll *** HELP ! ***
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 02:19:09 am »
This seems to only come up on Windows 98 & ME on certain setups.  I'm yet to determine why, however!   ???

In the meantime, you can set these paths up manually by opening the SKJukebox.ini file in the text editor of your choice, and just changing the 2nd line to contain your paths.

For example :

[Directories]
MP3Dirs=D:\Music

If you need to have more than one path, just separate them with a semi-colon

[Directories]
MP3Dirs=D:\Music;E:\More Music

That should get you around this until I can find what's causing this issue.   :D

digitaldj

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:25:03 am »
Ok that's what i did! This has to be the best program out there works flawless. My motherboard and setup loves it and i'm never gonna change! :cheers:

Everyboy thinks i'm crazy for using Millenium but it works great with my setup and i've never had the problems everybody talks about and it's not a resource hog.

Thanks!
Kevin

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11:15 am »
Had the same shell32.dll error when I tried to add a new directory.  I could not change the directory untill I added /music to my C drive outside of SKjuke  Then I could alter it from within SK jukebox as required.  My add button still causes the shell32.dll error.  This was on an old PC running ME.