Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Artwork not displaying correctly when viewing album  (Read 5468 times)

whatisk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2017, 06:41:39 am
  • Nothing to see here
Artwork not displaying correctly when viewing album
« on: April 17, 2006, 09:20:19 pm »
I have been using SKJukebox pretty flawlessly for a while, however, I am now starting to experience a few strange issues.

I have ~150 albums set up in SKJ and because of this, have the display scrolling 4 albums at a time. On some albums, when enter the album number the songs in full view are displayed okay and part of the album art is, but covering left-half the album art is part of the multialbum display. I will get a screendump to show what is happening.

On another note, I have also noticed that when entering album numbers (eg: 014), it will on some albums jump forward a few albums (eg: to 020-024). When I have finished entering the album number it displays the correct details. When I choose a song or back out it stays at displaying the albums it jumped to rather than where the album I initially picked would have been. It also does this if I only scroll 2 albums at once.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this post. Though several electrons were severely inconvenienced.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: Artwork not displaying correctly when viewing album
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 02:23:44 am »
I would like to see a screen shot of what you explained with the full view!

As for the last paragraph, there is an option called 'Use Number Navigation'.  I'm still not sure why I called it this, as it is a very unobvious title for an option.  What this does is, if you are looking at albums 21-24, but type in album '014', when you go back to the 4 album view albums 13-16 should be displayed.  With that turned off, it would simply go back to albums 21-24.  I hope that's what you're experiencing here, so please let me know.

whatisk

• Offline Offline
  • Nothing to see here
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 06:39:56 pm »
Okay, having had a chance to get more info here is what is happening:
If I am at albums 001-004 and select album 013 I get what is displayed in the screendump. When I select a song or back out I end up at albums 021-024.

If I have album 013-016 displayed the same thing happens.
Note that this doesn't happen on every album, only when I select certain ones. All album art is jpg and I only have 1 jpg per folder.

As I mentioned in the original post, also sometimes when beginning to enter an album number it will skip forward a couple of albums, but when I finish entering the album number it brings up the details for the album okay (with the exception of the artwork occasionally as described above). This seems to depend on which albums are currently displaying.

I'm pretty sure that this never happened when I didn't have quite so many albums in the jukebox. Not that I think this has anything to do with it, but I am also using a static databse to speed up initial load time. When I get home today I will also run a full scandisk on the drive just in case there is something screwy there.

I couldn't remember exactly which option you mentioned above ('use number navigation') when I got home yesterday. My best guess was 'set focus to selected album list'. When that was enabled and I selected an album and song, the program hung after entering the last digit of the song number with an unexpected error. There were no further details and I had to end task. I will try the 'use number navigation' today also and report back.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 06:47:24 pm by whatisk »
No trees were harmed in the creation of this post. Though several electrons were severely inconvenienced.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 01:02:47 am »
Can you please send me your SKJukebox.ini file, as it looks like something REALLY wierd is going on there.  My address is in the readme.txt file. 

As for the 'Set Focus' option not working, I found this myself the other day, but I have not had a chance to fix it yet.  Pretty sure it's because Mouse Support is turned off (therefore I disable most of the screen, thus crashing the program when I set the focus to the list).  I'll see if I can fix this in the next version.

whatisk

• Offline Offline
  • Nothing to see here
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 04:01:06 am »
Can you please send me your SKJukebox.ini file, as it looks like something REALLY wierd is going on there.  My address is in the readme.txt file.

Have e-mailed the ini file to the addy in the readme  :) 

As for the 'Set Focus' option not working, I found this myself the other day, but I have not had a chance to fix it yet.  Pretty sure it's because Mouse Support is turned off (therefore I disable most of the screen, thus crashing the program when I set the focus to the list).  I'll see if I can fix this in the next version.

I only selected this option as I couldn't quite remember the one you mentioned. No idea what is does, so turned it back off  :P

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 04:56:56 am »

Thanks, replied with a couple of e-mails.

I only selected this option as I couldn't quite remember the one you mentioned. No idea what is does, so turned it back off  :P

This option will do the following - When you type in the album number, the focus will go to the full view list.  That means you can hit up/down to change the selected song, then just hit enter to select it.  Looks like I need to do a little more work on that sucker!   ;)

whatisk

• Offline Offline
  • Nothing to see here
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 07:19:15 pm »

Thanks, replied with a couple of e-mails.

Have replied back answering one or two of your questions, as well as a few things I'll try and see what happens...