Main > Woodworking

Accident At Work - Lesson to Everyone

<< < (11/14) > >>

fuadramsey:
I know what you mean and that's why they are called accidents.

I am a pretty safe builder and I also work on rc planes so I am very familiar with CA glue (super glue). Well one day I was using it to glue some plastic together and the piece did not mate up well. I squeezed the pieces together and they snapped shut and squirted some glue right into my eye. I wear hard contact lenses so I was very scared the lens would glue to my eye so I rushed upstairs and luckly was able to pull the contact lens out. THe lens was pretty much ruined (as CA melts some materials).

Hours later I had a flush device attached to my eyeball at the hospital and had to see another doctor. The bottom line is always try to be as safe as possible because you never know when something stupid like this will happen.

dmworking247:
I don't think I want to go back to my workshop this weekend! I know I tend to get impatient and cut corners... As many have said, this is a timely reminder to put that little bit more thought into safety to stop you spending a lifetime regretting that you didn't.

I'm impressed at your positivity in light of the situation, and on a forum like this full of (often times) amateurs using powerful tools... I think your post will (if not already) have saved many more accidents from occurring.

tk375:
I just bought a porter cable router and I was amazed on how strong it was. I am sorry to read what happened to you and I thank you for the advice. I am new at this and I will be using my router for the first time, and all this tips can help newbies like me prevent accidents. thanks again for posting this lesson to everyone.

hello21:
it is beautiful leaaon but you can put photo with explain

Expressline99:
So is Toolaa doing ok now? I know its been along time. Just wanted to know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version