Main > Woodworking

Accident At Work - Lesson to Everyone

<< < (2/14) > >>

pointdablame:
Get well soon, I hope the recovery is as quick and painless as possible.  It's a shame to get reminders to be safe in this manner, but I will definitely think twice about safety the next time I grab a power tool.

Get better soon.

quarterback:
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that.   I try to be safe but frequently end up rushing through things and not putting on my goggles and things like that.  It's stupid of me.  I know it doesn't take but a split second for something to go wrong....

Good luck with your recovery.

markb:
Heres to a speedy recovery.

--- Quote ---I try to be safe but frequently end up rushing through things and not putting on my goggles and things like that
--- End quote ---

I used to be the same until I had a dremel disc come apart on me once sending fragments flying into my face, they were that hot one of them actually stuck to my lip and left a blister for 2 weeks. Fortunately I had my put my safety glasses on 30 seconds before, now I wear them permanently when I'm working with power tools.

toolaa:

--- Quote from: Nannuu on April 14, 2006, 12:21:39 am ---Holy crap that's a lot of typing less a hand there.  I've always been afraid of doing something like that.  I've had incidents similar but never an actual accident.  Good luck on the healing.  I hope your finger recovers well.

--- End quote ---

I am Right Handed, so actually, my Left hand does most of the key strokes.  Right hand usually works the mouse.  I would say typing Right Handed only takes 3x than normal. 

The surgeon explained that if you are going to loose a finger, the pointer is the preferred one.  Apparently, the three other fingers contribute more to your grip.

The only question I have is which finger is now to be used as my middle finger, in the event I need to use it when someone cuts me off while driving...

Bones:
Man, I am real sorry to hear about this. There is no doubt you will be in for a tough ride over the next 12 months.

Our bodies are good at repairing themselves, its the mind you need to worry about. Stay as positive as possible and keep your head active and you will get through the rough times ahead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version