Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: feature request - popular song album  (Read 4660 times)

michelevit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2019, 01:46:18 pm
feature request - popular song album
« on: April 11, 2006, 02:11:48 pm »
this is a tall order and i'm not sure if this is even possible. (I love this program and
it's exactly what i could code if i knew how to do something like that. )

I'm running the program in my cab with about 80 folders with about 10-20
mp3s each. I like the control that sk jukebox gives you for album art and
the way it looks like a bar type cd jukebox. Guests love poking though the collection
and queing up songs.

Just wondering if its possible for sk jukebox program to keep track of the top 20
songs played and keep it stored in a popular song folder. this slide would just appear
as another slide mixed in with all the music. It would update maybe every 24 hours- (variable)
The album art would be a fixed jpg that the user would define (siimlar to the way
that the no album art jpg is used.)
I think it would be neat to see which songs are played the most. It would also
help me in keeping the most popular songs in one place for queing up songs quicker.
of coarse it could be a user option that users could select.

thanks and once again great program.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:44:57 pm by michelevit »

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: feature request - popular song album
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 07:44:42 pm »
You're right......that is a tall order!

One of the things I wanted to add was a database of what songs had been played over time.  Once I've done that, I was simply going to add another list (say like the find screen) that would display the top 10, 20, etc songs/albums/artists etc.

Displaying it like you suggest is a great idea, but a heck of alot more work.  I'll do what I explained in the last paragraph first, then I'll have a look at what you've asked for after that.  Please read my post re touchscreen support to see why this might not happen in the near future, though.   :)

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48319.0

michelevit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2019, 01:46:18 pm
Re: feature request - popular song album
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:35:40 am »
awesome-
thanks again for the wonderful program. everyone that sees it is really impressed.
i think it blows anything else that is out there. i'm going to build a dedicated
cabinet for this prorgam. i am thinking of maybe something that is ultra small or
wall hung.

great job with the program.
mv