Front End Support > MaLa Frontend

MaLa v1.0 beta4 available

(1/3) > >>

swindus:
Improvements
- Added desktop resolution handling. Changes the desktop resolution on various events (start, option dialog, quit). Uses resolution of fixed size layouts or specified resolution
- Some small changes for lo-res resolutions. (Windows sizes and fonts)
- Added screensaver with a picture slideshow
- Added ability to use lnk files as rom files. Use/start any windows application/pc game from a game list
- Added 32 user leds. Now all 64 leds can be user leds
- Splash rotates now to the MaLa orientation and can be used as startup timer to avoid to fast loading on some systems when MaLa is started with windows
- Added debug log file to ease error detection
- Added 'snaps' for MaLa tree nodes/items
- MaLa Layout: Added check to find controls out of scope when changing the layout size
- MaLa Layout: New menu layout
- MaLa Gamelist: Added functions: 'Add game list', 'Exclude game list' and 'Copy roms to folder'

Changes
- Support for nplayers.ini removed (Server is mostly down). All informations are now grabbed from the controls.ini file
- Changed the default controller settings to standard mame/jamma layout

Bugfixes
- Fixed: Wrong game is displayed on lcd after starting a random game
- Fixed: Layout displays sometimes not correct
- Some more small bugs

http://mala.arcadezentrum.com/download.html 

loadman:
Sweeeeet!    :P

JoyMonkey:
I just started to check out MaLa and I have to say, well done! I really like what I'm seeing.  :applaud:

I'm going to try making my ProjectMayhem3 skin for it and see how it goes. I have a couple of questions though;

1. Can I add alpha blending to the game list? I'd like to place a transparency mask over the list, so the top and bottom of the list fade into the background and the center of the list remains opaque.

2. Can I select an overlay image based on the seleceted games orientation? If a vertical game is selected, I'd like to have a vertical border on top of the screenshot and likewise, if a horizontal game  is selected, I'd like to have a horizontal border on top the the screenshot.

3. Does it support standard serial LCD modules? I have one of these and would like to use it.

loadman:

--- Quote from: JoyMonkey on April 06, 2006, 08:36:17 am ---3. Does it support standard serial LCD modules? I have one of these and would like to use it.

--- End quote ---

No only Parallel LCD's but they are relatively cheap....click here

swindus:

--- Quote ---1. Can I add alpha blending to the game list? I'd like to place a transparency mask over the list, so the top and bottom of the list fade into the background and the center of the list remains opaque.

--- End quote ---

No, but you can use a color gradient on the game list. But this will only work perfectly on one color backgrounds for your case.

--- Quote ---2. Can I select an overlay image based on the seleceted games orientation? If a vertical game is selected, I'd like to have a vertical border on top of the screenshot and likewise, if a horizontal game  is selected, I'd like to have a horizontal border on top the the screenshot.

--- End quote ---

Maybe this can be done with the so called definable images. Use orientation for naming and place the snap in front of the definable image in the z-order. Then create two images, one for horizontal orientation and one for the vertical orientation.

--- Quote ---3. Does it support standard serial LCD modules? I have one of these and would like to use it.

--- End quote ---

You need a HD44780 compatible LCD and the MaLa Hardware to use a LCD with MaLa.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version