Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: VJ3: Bug in 3.11 and 3.12??  (Read 3262 times)

Fat-Johnny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 09:23:33 am
VJ3: Bug in 3.11 and 3.12??
« on: February 25, 2003, 09:03:11 pm »
The bug is that I cannot select any songs with the touchscreen or mouse.  I am running interactive mode, with the numberpad on the screen.  Try to select 0 0 4 0 6 (album 004, song 06) with either the mouse or touchscreen and then touch "accept".  VJ3 does not respond at all.

Anyone else wanna try this and see what they get??  I am running WinXPPro.  VJ3 has always worked for me in the past, but all the sudden I get this bug??  Weird.........

Thanks,
Fat Johnny

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re:VJ3: Bug in 3.11 and 3.12??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 07:05:20 pm »
How many albums do you have listed?   If you have fewer then 100 I think the default is 04.   If 004 is not bringing up interactive then 04 probably will.

BobA

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 09:06:45 am »
No, no....I dont think you understand.  Selecting ANY album with the mouse (mousing on the on-screen numeric keypad) and it goes into the "blown up" interactive mode.  Then you select ANY song on that album (mousing on the on-screen numeric keypad) and press "ACCEPT" on the on-screen numeric keypad.

The result is that VJ does not play the song!!!   You can play songs using the keyboard to input the numbers, but you cannot get any song to play using the on-screen numeric keypad.

Anybody else have this problem??
Fat Johnny

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 10:16:46 am »
I tried the onscreen keypad for album selection and then the onscreen for song selection and it worked on my vjb 3.12.

I also tried just picking the album from the screen and then used the onscreen keypad for song selection and that worked as well.

Maybe your problem is OS specific or driver oriented.  I tried in both XP and W98 SE and could not replicate the problem on my setup.

BObA

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2007, 09:29:50 am
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 01:20:33 pm »
Fat-Johnny, are you still having a problem...I too have tried to reproduce the symtoms and couldn't...please let me know so I can track down why this is happening on your machine.

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 09:18:49 am »
Fat-Johnny, are you still having a problem...I too have tried to reproduce the symtoms and couldn't...please let me know so I can track down why this is happening on your machine.
OK, I fixed the symptom.  Basically, I created a new folder called 'C:\Program Files\Virtual JukeboxTRY' and installed the entire VJ3 (3.12) again.  This install works fine.  I spent a LOT of time setting up the fonts and such just how I liked them, so I copied the .ini file from the old (non-working) folder.  Guess what......now the new version doesnt work right eitehr.  The on-screen keypad is useless!!

Restored to the "working" .ini file, and works fine.  WIth "old" .ini file, does not work.  Opened both .ini files to compare side-by-side, do not see any obvious differences.  Weird.

Thanks all for your help, and I will send Cyberpunk the "bad" .ini file so he can check it out.

Later,
FJ