Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Control Panel Layout  (Read 5905 times)

crazyclimber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2006, 08:56:42 pm
Control Panel Layout
« on: March 27, 2006, 12:44:29 pm »
I'm looking at doing a generic control panel overlay then printing directional arrows and labels separately and placing them on the control panel as described in the book.  Should the separately printed buttons and labels be printed on vinyl also or will printing them on paper be good enough?

:cheers:

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
Re: Control Panel Layout
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 02:01:04 pm »
printing them on vinyl would likely make them thick enough to be easily noticable, so I would do it on paper.  Of course its easy to try it with paper and if you dont like it, redo it in vinyl.

Also, why can't you just print the arrows on your overlay?

crazyclimber

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2006, 08:56:42 pm
Re: Control Panel Layout
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 03:55:17 pm »
Thanks for the advice.

I already have all the controls installed in the control panel and trying to get the arrows and labels to line up with the joysticks and buttons would be a pain.

:cheers: