Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question on lighting configuration  (Read 4874 times)

Popcorrin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 11:11:43 am
Question on lighting configuration
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:35:29 am »
I have been trying to keep up with all the features and options.  It ain't easy. :)
I am sure it is answered in another thread but the question I had was regarding the lighting of the controls that a game uses.   Can you set the colors that each button will be(assuming you have rgb leds) for a specific game, or when you set the colors is it done globally.  I saw that there was a lighting override option where you put the gamename.lsq file in the lighting directory, is this where you would set the colors for a specific game?  If so, instead of using the gamename could you use the bios name, for instance neogeo?

Thanks

MikeQ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Question on lighting configuration
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:43:55 am »
I have been trying to keep up with all the features and options.  It ain't easy. :)
I am sure it is answered in another thread but the question I had was regarding the lighting of the controls that a game uses.   Can you set the colors that each button will be(assuming you have rgb leds) for a specific game, or when you set the colors is it done globally.  I saw that there was a lighting override option where you put the gamename.lsq file in the lighting directory, is this where you would set the colors for a specific game?  If so, instead of using the gamename could you use the bios name, for instance neogeo?

Thanks

In your LEDWiz.cfg file there is now an intensity parameter.

You can use this parameter to set the RGB values for a button.

You will need 3 entries for the button as follows:

LEDWiz   LED          Button
output    intensity   keycode
---------------------------------
1            48             KEYCODE_A
2            48             KEYCODE_A
3            48             KEYCODE_A

Popcorrin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 11:11:43 am
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 01:15:04 am »
So is there a way to set up individual games differently.  For instance if I wanted the buttons 1-4 to be the proper color when I play a neo geo game (red,yellow,green,blue) but in other games I want the buttons to be lit blue is this possible?

southpaw13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2020, 05:11:18 pm
  • Whatever!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 11:11:42 am »
I think all you need to do is make a NeoGeo config with the PowerMame options in it.

MikeQ

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 08:35:17 pm »
Make a gamename.lsq file in the lighting directory with the names of the .lwa files you want executed for that game.