Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: This is it  (Read 2416 times)

CurmudgeonlyBastrd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2003, 04:00:23 pm
  • All signs point to YES
This is it
« on: February 24, 2003, 07:00:19 pm »
     Well the dude from the amusement distributor finally called me today and said the cabs were ready. I went down and loaded one up with the dolly and went up to my dads garage/shop. I checked it out, it's in decent shape with no water damage, and the funky zebra pattern T-molding is intact except for some nicks/frizz that I can razor off. the guy said he was going to totally strip it for parts but he left most everything in. The joysticks are red ball-top and say "cherry" on the bottom. The buttons (8 total including start- this was a Golden Axe cab) are all leaf-style and feel pretty good. I should be able to use these unless there is some hidden problem. He must have started taking the coin door apart and said "screw this" because it's in there, just in pieces. I only care about the red release buttons anyway. I'll have to bend the door back into shape, someone must have kicked it when it was in service. Speakers are intact, tested them and they work fine, not blown.

This was converted from something, it has a Taito sticker on the back in addition to the Golden Axe sticker. The CP also has a hole in the middle under the graphic so it obviously had a center-mount single-player hole. It's a nice cab shape. A low, recessed Marquee (the antithesis of an Asteroids cab... the famous head-knocker) and curved sides by the monitor area. I'll have pics soon.

Next time I'm at the shop I'm cleaning it and giving it a coat of primer. The sides are blue and the molding is black. I was going to paint it black since I had black paint but The blue is nice so I'm going to do that. Whoever converted this got quite a bit of blue on the tmolding. Hopefully I can scraPE It off or paint over it.

Couldn't fit the cocktail cab in the truck... it was a heavy monster as well, easily twice the weight of the upright!

This cab also has 2 large heavy-duty wheels on the back end which is nice. The base is chewed but seperate from the cab and simple to replace.

Wish me luck! ;)
-Curmudgeonly Bastard

CurmudgeonlyBastrd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2003, 04:00:23 pm
  • All signs point to YES
Re:This is it PS
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 07:03:24 pm »
Anyone esle in northern California? There are a couple more going bye-bye (to the dump) any moment, including a sit-down cockpit and the cocktail I didnt get, another upright or two. I don't want to deluge the place with calls so if you're serious about picking these up then drop me an email.

-Curmudgeonly Bastard

Distortion

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 10, 2016, 04:39:20 pm
  • Saints Row 2, Sucka
    • Volition
Re:This is it
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 10:22:12 pm »
What I'm willing to bet happened with the coin door is he had to pry it off or something and screwed it up in the process...then said "screw this."
Game programmers do not play games for a living.  Would you say a mechanic drives cars for a living?